Annual Leave provides you with paid time off from your job for personal reasons including vacation, outside activities, and personal business. If your absence is due to an illness or injury, you should refer to the Sick Leave  page.
VMware employees who have been employed for a full preceding year are eligible for Annual Leave. Part – time employees and those starting their employment during the year, will receive pro-rata entitlement. The annual leave cycle runs from 1 January to 31 December each year.
Full-time employees are entitled to:
- 21 working days of annual paid leave during their first five (5) years of service with the Company;
- 23 working days from five (5) complete years of service with the Company; and
- 28 working days once ten (10) years of service have been completed
Although VMware encourage employees to use all the annual leave entitlement, you can carry over up to five (5) days of unused Leave Entitlement to the next Leave Cycle.
Scheduling Annual Leave
- Discuss your Annual Leave plans in advance with your manager. While business requirements must be taken into consideration, your manager will work with you to ensure that work load does not restrict you from taking Annual Leave.
- Once agreed with your manager enter your Annual Leave time off in Workday  [VMware network access required] under time off type Vacation Time Off (Hours).
VMware shall grant the Employee unpaid leave in accordance with procedure established by South African Labor Law and upon a written request from the employee. For further details refer to the South Africa Time Away from Work Policy  [VMware network Access required].