VMware provides Life Insurance through Discovery Life.
All regular VMware employees are eligible for Life Insurance.
If you should die, or become permanently disabled due to an accident, while in the service of VMware due to illness or injury, your beneficiaries will receive a lump sum payment according to the following schedule:
- Sum insured 4 x times the annual gross salary (with the option to flex up 2 x times at the employee’s own cost).
- 100 % of the Sum Assured is payable to the heirs under the civil legislation or to formally designated Beneficiaries.
- Beneficiary nomination is required for all members for Life Insurance benefit. This form should be completed on the Discovery app or Member Portal.
- A funeral grant ranging between ZAR 1,875 to ZAR 15,000, is covered by the insurance.
- A Funeral nomination form is required for a Funeral claim – in the absence of the Funeral nomination form, payment will be made to the Estate Late account, with no exceptions. Funeral nomination form should be completed on the Discovery app or Member Portal.
VMware pays 100% of the premium cost for Life Insurance. Employees are responsible for paying the optional 2 x voluntary coverage upgrade costs.
When Coverage Begins
You will automatically be enrolled into the Life Insurance plan from your first date of employment.
Coverage will begin on your first day of active work as a VMware employee.
When Coverage Ends
Coverage will end on the last day of your employment with VMware.
ICAS: Coaching, Therapy, and Work Life Services
Username: VMware (case sensitive)
Password: Care (case sensitive)
Discovery Life Group Risk Beneficiary Nomination Form [VMware network access required]
Discovery Group Risk Life Plan Guide [VMware network access required]
Password : LPG01
Discovery WEB Member Zone Guide [VMware network access required]
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 5 Sep 2022, 11:52 AM