WORKERS COMPENSATION – On the job injury
VMware’s goal is to provide you a safe work environment, and we realize that occasionally an incident may occur while working for VMware. We are interested in making the process easy for you to report your work related injury. We have hired Travelers to assist job-related injured workers in receiving immediate and quality medical care, to administer workers’ compensation claims from the initial injury until the closing of the claim, and to safely return work related injured employees to productive employment. All representatives within Travelers 24/7 team specialize in work related injuries and will ensure you get the care you need. Travelers will report the incident to VMware’s Global Health and Safety team.
REPORTING A WORK RELATED INJURY OR ILLNESS
If this is a life threatening medical emergency, dial 911 immediately. Follow the procedure below as soon as possible after seeking/receiving medical assistance for your life threatening injury/illness. If you feel you have been injured in the workplace and this is a non-life threatening injury, please follow the procedure below to contact Travelers to report your workplace injury. Also, make sure to inform your manager about your work related injury, any related medical appointments or work restrictions.
STEPS TO FOLLOW IF YOU ARE INJURED:
1. Tell your manager and contact Travelers. You can report your claim in several ways:
• You can report online https://www.travelers.com/claims/report-claim. Click on the “business” button, and then the “workers compensation” button
• By email at First.Report@travelers.com
• Or by calling 1.800.238-6225
A representative will help evaluate the nature of your incident determining immediate care and ensuring the incident is reported. If your incident is serious and requires immediate medical treatment, obtain first aid from either on-site Security/First Aid Team/Emergency Response Team or call 911. After treatment, contact Travelers to report the incident at the same number listed above. When it is safe to do so, you must log into VMware’s Health & Safety Tool, Intelex to report the incident. To access Intelex, use SSO through Workspace ONE or the Intelex mobile app. This reporting will enable VMware to understand any potential root causes and continue to provide a safe working environment.
2. Once your claim is submitted, you will receive a claim number and contact information for the office that will handle your claim.
3. Travelers and VMware will make every effort to work with you in returning you to your job. VMware provides a comprehensive Workers’ Compensation Insurance program at no cost to you. All employees are covered under Workers’ Compensation insurance from date of hire. This program covers any injury or illness sustained in the course of employment that requires medical, surgical, or hospital treatment.
If you have a workplace incident, work related or not, you should contact the Global Security Operations Center at 1-650-427-3287 or x55555. They are available 24/7. Once it is safe to do so, report all work related incidents through Intelex. To access Intelex use SSO through Workspace ONE of the Intelex mobile app.
Workers Compensation Leave Policy [VMware network access required]
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 3 Nov 2021, 1:32 PM