Back-up Child & Elder Care Program
New Enhanced Family Supports Program!
Effective January 1st, 2021 VMware has partnered with Bright Horizons to bring you enhanced programs to help you better manage your work, family, and personal responsibilities. The enhanced family supports programs are available to all regular US employees working at least 20 hours or more per week. Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports Program offers free premium access to the following programs:
- Sittercity – Provides a national database of 6.5 million caregivers, pet sitters, tutors and housekeepers for educational assistance and more. Membership and access to Sittercity programs is paid for by VMware. Requesting any of the services is self-managed and self-paid by employees.
- Virtual Babysitters – Resource for hiring professionals to engage children virtually for a short period of time. The sessions can be used to assist kids with schoolwork or facilitate an interactive game – like charades.
- College Nanny’s Sitter / Tutors – Personalized assistance from a local nanny for recruiting, vetting and selecting a nanny or tutor that will match your family’s specific needs. This program provides a $300 savings on placement fees and a 10% discount on hourly rates.
Learn more about how to set up your account and request Additional Family Supports programs.
- Preview an Additional Family Supports Program webinar to learn all the new program elements
- Enhanced Family Support FAQ
Visit Bright Horizons
To register, visit Bright Horizons and select ‘Create a Profile’:
New Global Child Learning Resource – World at Home
Stay connected and support your child’s learning while you are safely at home, with guided learning opportunities that follow a typical classroom daily schedule. We invite you to explore our library of enriching activities from Bright Horizons educators to enhance your child’s learning and engagement. The Global Child Learning Resource is available to all regular full time VMware employees.
To learn more visit worldathome.brighthorizons.com
In response to the continued need for back-up care child or eldercare needs during the outbreak of COVID-19, VMware will be keeping the number of uses per employee at 20.
VMware provides back-up child care and elder care through Bright Horizons’ Back-Up Care Advantage Program. The program provides access to quality child care centers and licensed in-home care providers when your regular care arrangements break down.
The Back-Up Care Advantage Program is available to regular full-time employees working at least 20 hours per week. The new family supports programs are available to all regular US employees working at least 20 hours or more per week.
How it Works
You can use back-up care when you need to be at work and your regular child or adult/elder care is unavailable, for example:
- Your regular caregiver or spouse/partner is unavailable
- You are transitioning between child or adult/elder care arrangements
- Your child’s regular center or school is closed
- Your spouse/partner or parent is ill or needs temporary assistance
- Your child is mildly ill at home
VMware employees have access to the following back-up care programs:
- Center-based child care
- In-home well- and mildly-ill child care
- In-home adult/elder care
Registration is free. With the program, you receive up to 20 uses per employee, per calendar year.
Cost of Back-Up Care
|Center-Based Care||In-Home Care|
|Copay: $15 per day per care recipient with family max of $25||Copay: $6 per hour for unlimited care recipients with a 4 hour minimum|
|Utliization: One day is equal to one day of care for unlimited care recipients||Utliization: One day is equal to one day of care for up to 10 hours for unlimited care recipients|
|Individual Maximum / Day: $25|
|Copay Maximum: N/A||Copay Maximum: N/A|
- Username: VMware
- Password: backup12
For more information on back-up child and elder care review the Back-Up Parent Handbook.
ASK HR [VMware network access required]
Phone: 1-888-VMWARE8, option ‘US Benefits’
Internal Phone: ext. 29200
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 12 Jan 2022, 9:44 AM