Prolonged Illness Leave
You are entitled to prolonged illness leave in accordance with Vietnamese Ministry of Health requirements. Employee suffering from a serious illness requiring long-term treatment (examples listed below) and as assessed by the law prescribed Medical Assessment, that will impair the team member from returning to work may be granted Prolonged Illness Leave upon certification by approved medical practitioner or establishment.
Example of illnesses covered: Complicated hypertension, Cardiomyopathy, Complicated valve diseases, Complicated arrhythmia, Cerebral palsy, Nontraumatic intracerebral hemorrhage, Leukemia, muscular dystrophy, stroke resulting in paralysis, terminal cancer, AIDS, etc.
Note: This list is not exhaustive and other illnesses will be dealt on a case-to-case basis subject to guidance from the Vietnamese Social Insurance regulations assessment and management approval.
All regular full-time employees are entitled for prolonged illness leave and will be paid based on the duration of absence. The benefits may change from time to time in accordance with the statutory requirement.
Upon full utilization of the Sick leave, Prolonged Illness Leave will be granted upon recommendation of the physician, doctor or medical practitioner and subject to the following guidelines:
- 1st six (6) months: Continuous payment of full base salary (100%), Net-off 6 months (180 days) Social Insurance Sickness Regime Allowance
- 2nd six (6) months: Continuous payment of half base salary (50%), Net-off 6 months (180 days) Social Insurance Sickness Regime Allowance
In the event where Prolonged Illness Leave extends into the next calendar year, computation of usage of Prolonged Illness Leave shall be suspended until the employee exhausts his/her medical leave entitlement for the current calendar year.
Note: No extension of the Prolonged Illness Leave beyond the 12 consecutive months period shall be granted.
- Where an employee remains unfit to resume full time duty after the 12th month, considerations for medical board out may be made based on certification from approved medical practitioner. Where medical board out is approved, the employee shall receive compensation based on the guidelines provided as per the country legislation
- Insurance coverage for Group Hospitalization & Surgical (Inpatient), Group Term Life, and Group Personal Accident Insurance coverage during prolonged illness leave is subjected to group insurance policy terms and conditions.
Scheduling Prolonged Illness Leave
- Prolonged illness leave, must be discussed with your manager and Human Resources Representative in writing indicating how and when you would like to utilize the prolonged illness leave entitlement along with a medical certificate confirming illness.
After your manager and HR have been notified, please contact HR Source [VMware network access required] to record the exact days of your Leave. Be sure to include your manager on the email along with your leave dates
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 30 Dec 2021, 8:30 AM