Congratulations! As you and your spouse embark on a new journey together, here’s a checklist of the benefit changes you might want to consider and resources that VMware provides.
Changes and elections for most of the VMware benefit plans are made at annual enrollment; however, Marriage is considered a qualified life event . You must make changes within 30 days of the date of the qualified life event . If you do not meet this deadline, you must wait until the next annual enrollment. You are eligible to make the following changes:
- Enroll your spouse in your Medical Insurance  by updating the information in Workday  [VMware network access required]
Updating Personal Information
- To update your preferred name, emergency contact and/or home address, log into Workday  [VMware network access required].
- For more information and detailed instructions, please visit the Workday  page [VMware network access required] on VMware Source.
- If you need to update your marital status and/or your legal name, you will need to contact HR Source  [VMware network access required].
Planning time away from work to care for and bond with your spouse is an important consideration. Be sure to review the details for eligibility requirements:
- Marriage Leave 
- Congratulatory Allowance
You will receive NT $4,500 for marriage by contacting HR Source  [VMware network access required]. The cash will be paid to you via payroll, and individual income tax will be withheld and remitted by VMware.
- ICAS: Coaching, Therapy, and Work Life Services
ICAS provides emotional wellbeing support for employees and their families, how, when, and where you need it, at no cost to you. With online tools, research-backed therapeutic methods, and top therapists, coaches, and digital tools, you and your family can access an easy-to-use, convenient, and confidential way to get support.