VMware provides private health insurance through Shin Kong.
All regular full-time employees and their eligible family members may be enrolled in health insurance. Eligible family members include:
- Legal spouse under 65 years of age
- Children until their 23rd birthday
The healthcare plan provides employee and dependent coverage including:
Hospital and Surgical Benefits:
- 100% reimbursement
- Room and Board (max 365 per disability): Day 1~30, NT$2,500/day; Day31~60, NT$5,000/day; Day61~365, NT$7,500/day
- Hospital Services (per disability): NT$50,000
- Surgical Fee (per disability): Inpatient Surgery, NT$2,500*(0.25~80), max NT$625~NT$200,000; Major Inpatient Surgery, NT$2,500*(50~80), max NT$125,000~NT$200,000
- Daily Subsidies Hospital Income (max. 365 days per disability, mental treatment, max. 90 days): NT$2,500,
- Outpatient for Pre-Post Hospitalization: NT$800
- Daily ICU Room (max. 14 days per incident): NT$2,500
- Daily Burn and Scald Room (max. 60 days per incident): NT$2,500
- Surgical Allowance (subject to Surgical schedule): NT$500
Accidental Medical Reimbursement:
- Accidental Medical Reimbursement (per incident): NT$10,000
- Doctor’s consultation (max. 30 visit per year): NT$650
- Hospitalization Allowance: NT$2,000
- Post-Hospital Allowance (max. 21 days): NT$2,000
- Surgery Allowance: NT$60,000, outpatient surgery 20%
- Outpatient clinic (max. 90 visits per year): NT$1,000
There are pre-existing conditions which may be excluded under the health insurance plan. You will need to review the Shin Kong Insurance Handbook for the relevant details.
When Coverage Begins
Coverage for you and your eligible family members under the health insurance plan will begin on your first day of active work as a VMware employee, provided you enroll within 30 calendar days of your start date.
VMware pays 100% of the premium costs for you and your eligible family members.
When Coverage Ends
Coverage for you and your eligible family members under the VMware health insurance plan will end on the last day of your employment with VMware.
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 20 Jan 2022, 8:01 AM