VMware encourages a healthy working environment. When you or your dependent aren’t feeling well, Sick Leave provides you with paid time off to rest and recuperate at home in in accordance with statutory requirements. You may use Sick Leave for:
- Personal sickness or injury; or
- To provide care or support for a member of the employee’s immediate family or household who requires care or support due to personal illness or injury, or an emergency.
Regular, full-time employees are entitled to thirty (30) days of Sick Leave per year. A medical certificate is required if you will be absent for one (1) day or more. The certificate should be presented to your manager on the first day that you return to work.
You are also be eligible for sixty (60) days of Hospitalization Leave in a year (inclusive of thirty (30) days of Sick Leave) in the event you are hospitalized.
- It is supported by a medical certificate
- It is reported to your manager when the illness occurs
- It covers working days only (i.e. not weekends or public holidays)
Sick Leave is pro-rated for newly-hired full-time employees as follows:
Pro-Rated Sick Leave Amount
|Month of Hire||Pro-Rated Sick Leave|
Scheduling Sick Leave
- Discuss your Sick Leave plans, in advance, with your manager. While business requirements must be taken into consideration, your manager will work with you to ensure that work load does not restrict you from taking Sick Leave.
- Once agreed with your manager, record your Sick Leave in Workday [VMware network access required]
Scheduling Hospitalization Leave
- All unpaid leave requests must be discussed and approved by both your HR representative and immediate Manager.
- After receiving manager approval, please contact HR Source [VMware network access required] to record your Hospitalization leave request.
Returning to Work
While on Hospitalization Leave, you should maintain open communication with your manager. VMware will assume that you wish to return to work at the end of your Hospitalization Leave period. However, you should contact HR Source [VMware network access required] towards the end of your leave to confirm your return to work.
Medical Leave of Absence
A Medical Leave of Absence is applicable for up to 12 months due to medical reasons.
Reporting Medical Leave of Absence
You should inform your manager and HR Source [VMware network access required] of your Medical Leave of Absence as soon as you reasonably can so that they have adequate notice of your intent to take Medical Leave of Absence and proper arrangements can be made prior to the leave period.
For more information, review the Thailand Employee Handbook [VMware network access required].
ASK HR [VMware network access required]
Phone: (+66) 20562803
Internal Phone: ext. 29200