Marriage or Domestic Partnership
Congratulations! As you and your spouse embark on life together, here’s a checklist of the benefit changes you might want to consider and resources that VMware provides.
Changes and elections for most of the VMware benefit plans are made during the annual enrollment window; however, marriage/domestic partnership is considered a qualified life event. You must make changes within 30 days of the date of the qualified life event. If you do not meet this deadline, you must wait until the next annual enrollment window. You are eligible to make the following changes:
- To enroll your spouse into your Medical plan contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
- To add or modify your beneficiaries for Life Insurance contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
Updating Your Personal Information
- To update your preferred name, emergency contact and/or home address, log into Workday [VMware network access required].
- For more information and detailed instructions, please visit the Workday page [VMware network access required] on VMware Source.
- If you need to update your marital status and/or your legal name, you will need to contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
The coming weeks and months will be a busy, exciting time for you both. This section will help you plan your wedding and focus on the personal time to consider as you walk down the aisle into married life. There are leave options available. Be sure to review the details for eligibility requirements:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available at no charge to you and helps you be at your best, physically and emotionally. The EAP confidentially provides you and your family members, with objective, third-party support and advice for navigating life’s challenges.