Loss of a Loved One
Please accept our condolences for your loss. Losing a loved one can be overwhelming. Here’s a checklist of the benefit changes you might want to consider and some other resources to help you through the process.
Changes and elections for most of the VMware benefit plans are made during the annual enrollment window; however, the loss of a loved one is considered a qualified life event. You must make changes within 30 days of the date of the qualified life event. You are eligible to make the following changes:
- Remove your dependents from your Medical plan contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
- To add or modify your beneficiaries for Life Insurance contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
Updating Your Personal Information
- To update your preferred name, emergency contact and/or home address, log into Workday [VMware network access required].
- For more information and detailed instructions, please visit the Workday page [VMware network access required] on VMware Source.
- If you need to update your marital status and/or your legal name, you will need to contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
Whether expected or unexpected, the death of a loved one creates a wide range of emotions and life changes that must be addressed. Planning time away from work to grieve after the loss of a loved one is an important consideration. Bereavement Leave is available to assist you. Be sure to review the details for eligibility requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available at no charge to you and helps you be at your best, physically and emotionally. The EAP confidentially provides you and your family members, with objective, third-party support and advice for navigating life’s challenges.