VMware encourages a healthy working environment. When you aren’t feeling and it’s impacting your ability to work, Sick Leave provides you with paid time off to rest and recuperate at home including medical leave issued by a dentist provided certified by a medical doctor in in accordance with statutory requirements. You may use Sick Leave for:
- Personal sickness or;
- Recovering from injury or illness
Regular full-time employees are entitled up to fourteen (14) days of Sick Leave per year. A medical certificate is required if you are absent more than three (3) days. The certificate should be presented to your manager on the first day that you return to work.
You will not be entitled to Sick Leave on rest days, public holidays, during annual leave, non-working days and on unpaid leave even if you are given medical leave by the doctor. Sick Leave will not be carried forward to the following year, nor will payment be made for unused Sick Leave. Where hospitalization is necessary, your fourteen (14) Sick Leave days can be extended up to sixty (60) days as paid Hospitalization Leave.
Sick Leave will be pro-rated for newly-hired full-time employees as listed below:
Pro-Rated Sick Leave
|# of Months Completed by a New Employee||Sick Leave Days||Paid Hospitalization Leave Days|
|3 months||5 days||15 days|
|4 months||5 + 3 = 8 days||15 + 15 = 30 days|
|5 months||8 + 3 = 11 days||30 + 15 = 45 days|
|6 months||11 + 3 = 14 days||45 + 15 = 60 days|
|Over 6 Months||14 days||60 days|
Scheduling Sick Leave
- All Sick Leave, planned or unplanned, must be discussed with your manager. If an absence is unexpected, you should notify your manager as soon as reasonably possible.
- After your manager has been notified, record your Sick Leave in Workday [VMware network access required].
Scheduling Hospitalization Leave
- All unpaid leave requests must be discussed and approved by both your HR representative and immediate Manager.
- After receiving manager approval, please contact HR Source [VMware network access required] to record your Hospitalization leave request.
Returning to Work
While on Hospitalization Leave, you should maintain open communication with your manager. VMware will assume that you wish to return to work at the end of your Hospitalization Leave period. However, you should contact HR Source [VMware network access required] towards the end of your leave to confirm your return to work.
Last Updated: 15 Sep 2021, 8:21 AM