Infant Care Leave
VMware offers employees unpaid Infant Care Leave to provide care and support to a child.
Regular full-time employees are entitled to six (6) days of unpaid Infant Care Leave per calendar year, if you are covered under the Child Development Co-Savings Act. The Child Development Co-Savings Act covers all parents of Singapore Citizens, including managerial, executive or confidential staff, if all three of the following conditions are met:
- The child (including legally adopted children or stepchildren) is below 2 years of age;
- The child is a Singapore Citizen (SC); and
- The parent has served the employer for a continuous period of at least 3 months.
Regardless of the number of children, the total unpaid Infant Care Leave entitlement for each parent is capped at six (6) days per year. For divorced or widowed parents, the leave entitlement will not be doubled. Parents of Singapore Citizens below the age of 2 are entitled to both six (6) days of paid Childcare Leave and six (6) days of unpaid Infant Care Leave.
If an Employee has Worked Less than a Year
If you have less than 12 months of service with VMware, the leave year for Infant Care Leave will be any 12-month period as agreed by both VMware and you. If there is no agreement, the leave year will be the calendar year by default.
For part-time employees, the Infant Care Leave entitlement will be adjusted for the number of working hours, such that your entitlement is equivalent to that of a full-time employee. Average number of hours a week which the part-time employee is required to work divided by average number of hours a week which a similar full-time employee is required to work times 6 days of unpaid infant care leave times Number of hours a day which a similar full-time employee is required to work.
An existing part-time employee is required to work an average of four hours a week, and a similar existing full-time employee is required to an average of eight hours a day and 44 hours a week, the entitlement of the part-time employee to unpaid infant care leave is:
- 4/44 x 6 x 8 = 4.4 hours
- The part time employee will be entitled to 1.1 days of infant care leave, equivalent to 4.4 hours each day.
Scheduling Infant Care Leave
- Discuss your Infant Care Leave with your manager as soon as reasonably possible.
- After your manager has been notified, send Infant Care Leave dates along with managers approval email by contacting HR Source [VMware network access required] to have it recorded.
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 15 Sep 2021, 8:22 AM