VMware offers health insurance through Singlife Insurance (with Aviva).
All regular, full-time employees below age 70 years are eligible to enroll in health insurance. You may also enroll eligible dependents. Eligible dependents include:
- Spouse or Domestic Partner below age 70
- Unmarried or unemployed children between the age of 15 days and 25 years who are dependent on the eligible person for maintenance and support
You and your eligible dependents are enrolled in enhanced hospital and major surgical insurance from your date of hire at VMware. Please note, pre-existing conditions will be excluded under the plan in the first 12 months from date of commencement of insurance coverage.
|Hospital & Surgical Benefits per Disability* unless otherwise stated||Plan 1|
|Room & Board (max 120 days including ICU)||1-Bed (Pte)|
|Hospital Miscellaneous Services
|Emergency Outpatient Treatment Benefit (Bodily Injury
caused by Accident) – sought within 24 hours of accident and follow-up within 31 days
||As per disability|
|Death Benefit (No double indemnity if death due to accident)||$ 8,000|
|Rehabilitation Benefit per policy year (up to max 31 days)||$ 5,000|
|Outpatient Kidney Dialysis / Cancer Treatment per policy
(Enhance to cover after 12 months waiting period)
Definition of Total Disability
- All disabilities arising from same cause, including its complications
- Subsequent disability from same cause shall be treated as new disability if subsequent admission is more than 30 days from the latest date of discharge from hospital
Major Medical Coverage
All eligible expenses under Group Hospital & Surgical that exceed the policy limits and subject to criteria below:
Group Major Medical Benefits
|Major Medical||Plan 1|
|Room & Board (121st day onwards)||1-Bed (Pte)|
|Max Limit per Policy Period||$60,000|
Group Maternity Benefits – Effective 1st Jan 2021, Maternity Benefits has been included as a part of Flexible Benefits plan administered by IHP
- Pre-existing Illnesses prior to joining scheme or company, unless the Insured Person has already been insured continuously for 12 months under this Policy
- Congenital anomalies or genetic defects
- Treatments which are not medically necessary (e.g. cosmetic, fertility related, weight management etc), routine medical check-ups
- Childbirth including abortion, birth control, infertility, impotency; treatment occasioned by or resulting from pregnancy, childbirth, abortion and complications arising from any of the same, except for miscarriage
- Transplants, dental treatments, HIV and all other sexually transmitted diseases
- Treatment of mental illness, self-inflicted injury, suicide, abuse of alcohol, drug addiction
- Disabilities resulting from direct participation in a strike, riot or civil commotion, insurrection, or any act of war (whether declared or undeclared)
VMware pays 100% of the premium costs for you and your eligible dependents.
Coverage for you and your eligible dependents begins on the first day of your employment at VMware.
Coverage for you and your dependents ends on the last day of your employment with VMware.