VMware provides medical insurance through Singlife (previously known as Aviva).
All regular full-time employees below age 70, and your eligible dependents are eligible for hospital & surgical and major medical insurance. Eligible dependents include:
- Spouse below age 70 who is not divorced or legally separated
- Domestic partner
- Unmarried and/or unemployed child(ren) between the age of 15 days and 25 years last birthday
Group Hospital & Surgical
|Schedule of Benefits (Max. limit per Disability* unless otherwise stated)||Local Currency|
|Room & Board (max 120 days including ICU)||1-Bed (Pte)|
|Intensive Care Unit (ICU)||$10,000|
|Emergency Accident Outpatient Treatment
||As per disability|
|Death Benefit||$ 8,000|
|Rehabilitation Benefit (max 31 days)||$ 5,000|
|Outpatient Kidney Dialysis / Cancer Treatment (per policy year)
*Definition of Per Disability:
All complications and conditions arising from the same illness or bodily injury caused by an Accident and any recurrence or relapse of such complications or conditions which occurs more than 30 days following the latest discharge from Hospital will be considered as a new disability.
Major Medical Benefits
Covers eligible inpatient expenses that have exceeded Group Hospital and Surgical plan limits and other expenses as per the Schedule of Benefits:
Group Major Medical Coverage
|Major Medical||Plan 1|
|Room & Board (121st day onwards)||1-Bed (Pte)|
|Max Limit per Policy Period||$60,000|
- Any pre-existing conditions which have existed at any time prior to the commencement of insurance coverage will not be
payable, unless the Insured Person has already been insured continuously for 12 months.
- GST and other government tax.
- Childbirth including abortion, birth control, infertility, impotency. Congenital anomalies or genetic defects.
- Treatments which are not medically necessary (e.g., cosmetic, fertility related; obesity etc.), routine medical check-ups.
- Implants, dental treatments, HIV and all other sexually transmitted diseases.
- Treatment of mental illness, self-inflicted injury, suicide, abuse of alcohol, drug addiction
- Disabilities resulting from direct participation in a strike, riot or civil commotion, insurrection, or any act of war (declared or undeclared).
Group Maternity Benefits – Effective 1st Jan 2021, Maternity benefits will be provided through Flexible Benefits
VMware pays 100% of the premium costs for you and your eligible dependents.
You and your eligible dependents are automatically enrolled in the medical insurance plan. Coverage will begin on your first day of active work as a VMware employee.
For existing employees, a qualified life event  allows you to make changes to your medical insurance plan, mid-year. A qualified life event may include:
- Marriage or newly eligible domestic partner 
- Divorce, legal separation or dissolution of domestic partnership 
- Birth or adoption of a child(ren) 
- Death of your spouse/domestic partner, child(ren) 
- A dependent becoming eligible or ineligible for coverage
If you experience a qualified life event , you have 30 days from the date of the event to report it by updating your information in Workday  [VMware network access required].
Coverage for you and your dependents under the medical insurance plan will end on the last day of your employment with VMware.