VMware provides Life Insurance through a Regional policy provided by Zurich UAE.
All permanent and fixed term contract employees (excluding external contractors) are eligible for Life Insurance.
If you should die, or become permanently disabled due to an accident, while in the service of VMware due to illness or injury you and/or your beneficiaries will receive a lump sum payment according to the following schedule:
- Group Life Insurance – two (2) times your OTE salary
- Accidental Death – two (2) times your OTE salary
Free Cover Limit
You automatically qualify for Group Life and Disability Insurance up to USD 1,000,000.
- You are automatically enrolled in the Life Insurance and insured for amounts under the free cover limit listed above.
- In order to qualify for insurance amounts exceeding the free cover limit you may need to undergo a medical examination.
- The insurance company will contact you within your first month to provide you with details.
VMware pays 100% of the premium costs for Life Insurance.
When Coverage Begins
Coverage will begin on your first day of active work as a VMware employee.
When Coverage Ends
Coverage will end on the last day of your employment with VMware.