Marriage or Domestic Partnership
Congratulations! As you and your spouse or domestic partner embark on a new journey together, here’s a checklist of the benefit changes you might want to consider and resources that VMware provides.
Changes and elections for most of the VMware benefit plans are made at annual enrollment; however, marriage or domestic partnership is considered a qualified life event. You must make changes within 60 days of the date of the qualified life event. If you do not meet this deadline, the insurance effective date of your spouse or partner will be delayed. You are eligible to make the following changes:
- Enroll your spouse or partner under 65 years of age into your healthcare plan by contacting HR Source [VMware network access required].
- To add or modify your beneficiaries for Life Insurance by contacting HR Source [VMware network access required].
Updating Your Personal Information
- To update your preferred name, emergency contact and/or home address, log into Workday [VMware network access required]. For more information and detailed instructions, please visit the Workday page [VMware network access required] on VMware Source.
- If you need to update your marital status and/or your legal name, you will need to contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
Planning time away from work to prepare for your wedding and bond with your spouse or partner is an important consideration. Be sure to review the details for eligibility requirements:
- If you are getting married, review the Marriage Leave
- If you are establishing a Domestic Partnership, review the Annual Leave
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available at no charge to you and helps you be at your best, physically and emotionally. The EAP confidentially provides you and your family members, with objective, third-party support and advice for navigating life’s challenges.