VMware encourages a healthy working environment. When you aren’t feeling well impacting your ability to work, Sick Leave provides you with paid time off to rest and recuperate at home. You may use sick Leave for:
- Personal sickness or; recovering from injury or illness
- To provide care or support for a member of the employee’s immediate family or household who requires care or support due to personal illness or injury, or an emergency.
All regular, full-time employees are eligible for 5 days of Sick Leave per year. Unused Sick Leave can be accumulated up to maximum of 20 days. Newly hired full-time employees are also entitled to 5 days of Sick Leave. Accumulated Sick Leave is not paid out upon termination of employment.
Sick Leave While on Annual Leave
- It is supported by a Medical Certificate (if required)
- It is reported to department manager when illness occurs
- It covers working days only
Scheduling Sick Time
- All Sick Leave planned or unplanned, must be discussed with your manager. If an absence is unexpected, you should notify your manager as soon as possible.
- After your manager has been notified, record your Sick Leave in Workday [VMware network access required].
- If you are on Sick Leave for 3 or more consecutive days, a medical certificate is required upon your return to work. VMware also has the right to require a medical certificate if Sick Leave is taken on a Monday or Friday preceding or following a Public Holiday or work-related function.
- All medical certificates should be sent to HR Source [VMware network access required], copying your manager, upon your return to work.
Extended Sick Leave
After accumulated Sick Leave entitlements have been exhausted or when the continuous period of absence due to illness reaches three (3) months (whichever occurs first), the Income Protection Plan may come into effect (as per conditions set out in Income Protection Plan). Please note, you can apply for this, however the ruling of receiving the allowance is at the discretion of the insurer.