Domestic Violence Leave
VMware employees have access to paid domestic violence leave to support self and to care for family members in order to handle medical, legal, psychological, and practical ramifications of domestic violence.
Eligibility & Details of Leave
- All VMware New Zealand employees (regular full time and part time), regardless of gender, are eligible for up to 10 days of paid Domestic Violence Leave.
- Employees may utilize this leave to care for family members, attend doctor’s appointments, attend court, make arrangements for children, seek alternative accommodation, counselling or other matters relating to family and domestic violence.
- Employees should take the amount of time required to deal with the impact of family and domestic violence. It is not expected that employees will take the maximum available Domestic Violence Leave in all circumstances.
- However, in the case where an employee requires more than 10 business days off, employee should discuss with HR any available options for accessing personal leave, annual leave or additional unpaid time off.
- For the above paid absence, any balance not utilized cannot be carried forward to the following year.
Scheduling Domestic Violence Leave
- Discuss your Domestic Violence Leave plans with your manager. While business requirements must be taken into consideration, your manager will work with you to ensure that work load does not restrict you from taking Domestic violence Leave.
- Once agreed with your manager, enter your Domestic Violence Leave in Workday [VMware network access required].
We recognize that the circumstances giving rise to the need for leave can be highly personal, at their discretion employees may inform their manager that they are availing this leave. Please note that Privacy and confidentiality will be maintained to the fullest extent possible and the employee’s management chain will only be advised of the need for leave at the employee’s request. However, any situations involving threats of physical harm at the workplace will be immediately escalated to VMware management.
Please note: This information is an overview of Domestic Violence Leave.
Refer to the Domestic Violence policy document [VMware network access required] for detailed information.
For additional support, employees may also consider utilizing flexible work arrangements or use of Employee Assistance Program [VMware network access required].
ASK HR [VMware network access required]
Phone: (+61) 292935535
Internal Phone: ext. 29200