VMware provides health insurance via Southern Cross.
All permanent employees (included permanent fixed term employees) are eligible up to retirement age. You may also enrol your dependents. Eligible dependents include:
- Your spouse/partner
- Dependent children under the age of 21 years of age
- Join within 90 days of commencement of employment with VMware, to receive immediate cover for qualifying pre-existing health conditions.
Please note, contractors are not eligible.
How to join
Once you commence with VMware, you can apply online use the below link:
When prompted for a shortcut code use ASH and when asked for a group code please use ZZC0003MSC
Please note: When prompted to select a plan you will be offered a range of products to choose from. Under VMware New Zealand only the UltraCare 400 plan is available.
Should you need any help in filling out the form or if you have an existing Southern Cross health insurance plan and would like to transfer it into your work scheme, please get in touch with Mercer Marsh Benefits Representative (Contact Details below).
Adding dependents to your policy:
Please notify Mercer Marsh Benefits to add your newborn child to your policy before they are 3 months old.
- Southern Cross UltraCare 400 Plan provided to you and your eligible dependents
- Easy prior approval and online claim processes
- Fast-tracking of your application – no need to complete a medical declaration when you apply within 90 days of commencement of employment with VMware
- Less financial stress by reducing your costs of private treatment and time off work
- A broad network of partner private hospitals and a range of treatment options
- Refer to UltraCare Benefit Summary for details of the cover.
VMware pays 100% of the premium costs for you and your eligible dependents.
Coverage begins on the first day of your employment at VMware.
Coverage ends on the last day of your employment with VMware.
If you leave VMware New Zealand and would like to continue your health insurance policy, please contact Mercer Marsh Benefits to discuss your options.
Contact your Mercer Marsh Benefits Representative
Adviser Name: Sayali Desai
Mercer Marsh Benefits
M +64 21 963 102
Contact HR Source [VMware network access required]
ASK HR [VMware network access required]
Southern Cross UltraCare Benefit Plan Summary
Southern Cross Medical Employee Guide [VMware network access required]
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 16 Nov 2022, 12:15 PM