When you aren’t feeling well and it’s impacting your ability to work, Sick Leave provides you with paid time off to rest and recuperate at home including medical leave issued by a dentist provided certified by a medical doctor in in accordance with statutory requirements. You may use Sick Leave for:
- Personal sickness or;
- Recovering from injury or illness.
Regular, full-time employees are entitled to fourteen (14) days of Sick Leave per year. A medical certificate is required if you will be absent for one (1) day or more. The certificate should be presented to your manager on the first day that you return to work. You are may also be eligible for sixty (60) days of Hospitalization Leave in a year (inclusive of 14 days of Sick Leave) in the event you are hospitalized. If you fall sick or are incapacitated whilst on Annual Leave, the period of the illness can be claimed as Sick Leave and the equivalent Annual Leave will be credited provided:
- It is supported by a medical certificate
- It is reported to your manager when the illness occurs
- It covers working days only (i.e. not weekends or public holidays)
Sick Leave is pro-rated for newly-hired full-time employees as follows:
Pro-Rated Sick Leave
|Month of Hire||Pro-Rated Sick Leave|
Scheduling Sick Leave
- Discuss your Sick Leave plans, in advance, with your manager. While business requirements must be taken into consideration, your manager will work with you to ensure that work load does not restrict you from taking Annual Leave.
- Once agreed with your manager, record your Sick Leave in Workday [VMware network access required]
Scheduling Hospitalization Leave
- All unpaid leave requests must be discussed and approved by both your HR representative and immediate Manager.
- After receiving manager approval, please contact HR Source [VMware network access required] to record your Hospitalization leave request.
Returning to Work
While on Hospitalization Leave, you should maintain open communication with your manager. VMware will assume that you wish to return to work at the end of your Hospitalization Leave period. However, you should contact HR Source [VMware network access required] towards the end of your leave to confirm your return to work.
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 2 Jan 2022, 9:52 AM