Group Life and Total Permanent Disability
LIFE and Total Permanent disability insurance
Insurance Provider: AIA Bhd Insurance
Life Insurance Benefits
All regular full-time employees are covered below age 65 for Life Insurance. In the event of your death, your beneficiaries would get a lump sum of two (2) times of your Annual Salary.
Total Permanent Disability (TPD) Benefits
Upon disability caused due to accidents, disease or illness, you will be paid a lump sum of 24 months salary up to a maximum of MYR 4 Mn. Total and Permanent Disability benefits are payable if, because of sickness, disease or accident, you are disabled for a period of atleast 6 months(uninterrupted)
- Are unable to engage in any occupation or employment for compensation
- Suffer total and irrecoverable loss of sight of both eyes; or
- Suffer total and permanent loss of use of two major limbs; or
- Suffer total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one eye and loss or total and permanent loss of use of one major limb.
Group Critical Illness Cover
Critical illness policy covers 39 types of illnesses (refer insurance manual under resources section for more details). You will be paid 50% of the sum assured of Basic Group Term Life insurance subject to a waiting period of 90 days from date of hire. The decision must be confirmed by the Insurance Company’s Medical Adviser. This is payable only once in your tenure.
Note: No benefit will be payable to the Insured Employee who has at any time prior to the commencement of this Policy incurred a Critical Illness or sought medical advice for signs and symptoms that are related to the diagnosis of the Critical Illness covered.
Free Cover Limit
You automatically qualify for Life/TPD insurance up to MYR 810,000. Employees with sum assured above the indicated threshold will be subject to medical underwriting requirement basis which coverage will be determined.
Note: Free cover limit for employees with critical illness will be assessed by the insurer after medical underwriting.
VMware pays 100% of the premium costs for Group life & TPD insurance.
Below is the list of situations which may be excluded under this plan:
- Self-inflicted injuries, including suicide.
- War, invasion of foreign enemy, usurped power.
- Participating in riot or committing an assault or felony.
- Engaging in racing other than on foot.
- TPD arising due to pre-existing illness
Please contact insurer for more details.
When Coverage Begins
Coverage begins on the first day of your employment.
When Coverage Ends
Coverage ends on the end of your last day of service with the VMware.
Last Updated: 13 Sep 2021, 3:52 PM