VMware provides health insuarance via AIA.
All regular full-time employees below age 65 are eligible to enroll. You and your eligible dependents are automatically enrolled in enhanced hospital and major surgical insurance from your commencement date of hire at VMware. Eligible dependents include:
- Legal spouse below age 65 years
- Unmarried dependent children upto age 18 years
Hospital & Surgical Coverage
|Hospital Room & Board up to 180 days (Private/Government)||RM 350|
|Intensive Care Unit (ICU) up to 30 days||As charged|
|Hospital Supplies and Services|
|Operating Theater Fees|
|In-Hospital Physician’s Fees (up to 180 days)|
|Malaysian Government Hospital Daily Cash Allowance (up to 180 days)||RM 50|
|Miscarriage Benefit (due to all causes)||RM 1,000|
|Pre-Surgical / Medical Diagnostic Services (within 60 days)||As charged|
|Pre-Surgical / Medical Specialist Consultation (within 60 days)|
|Post-Hospitalization Treatment (up to 60 days, following discharge from hospital)|
|Ambulance Fees (emergency & non-emergency services)|
|Outpatient Kidney Dialysis / Cancer Treatment|
|Emergency Sickness Out-Patient Treatment (from 10:00pm to 6:00am)||RM 100|
|Medical Report Fee Reimbursement||RM 80|
|Overall Limit (per policy year)||RM 100,000|
|Death + Total Permanent disability Benefits –Employee Only||RM 5,000|
|Outpatient Kidney dialysis treatment||As charged|
|Outpatient physiotherapy treatment|
- Cosmetic surgery or treatment
- Experimental procedures
- Substance abuse
- Private nursing care
- Sexual dysfunction or infertility
- Alternative therapies
- Refractive errors
- Congenital or hereditary illnesses
- Routine physical examination
- Psychotic, mental or nervous disorders
- Any medical costs exceeding the benefit limit provided by your company will be borne by the Employee
- Some hospitals do not include meal allowances under the Room & Board Limit
- Some hospitals require deposit upon admission and it is refundable upon discharged
- “Welcome gifts”, Laundry, telephone calls are not covered
No benefits shall be payable for hospitalization, surgery and/or charges incurred which are cause directly or indirectly by Specified Illnesses and its related complications.
Definition of Specified Illnesses
Specified Illnesses shall mean the following disabilities and its related complications, occurring within the first hundred twenty (120) days of insurance of the insured person.
- Hypertension, diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease
- All tumors, cancers, cysts, nodules, polyps, stones of the urinary system and biliary system
- All ear, nose (including sinuses) and throat conditions
- Hernias, hemorrhoids, fistulae, hydrocele, varicocele
- Endometriosis including disease of the reproduction system
- Vertebral-spinal disorders (including disc) and knee conditions
In An Emergency
Emergency shall mean treatment needed in the event whereby immediate medical attention is required within twelve (12) hours of injury, illness or symptoms which are sudden and severe failing which the member’s life could be threatened (e.g. accident and heart attack), or lead to significant deterioration of health.
- Seek medical care at the nearest GP Clinic or Accident and Emergency Unit (A&E) of the nearest Hospital (please note that direct specialist care is not covered as an emergency).
- Pay for your treatment and submit your claim to AIA. Indicate in the Claim Form that it was an emergency case, the time of visit and reason.
- If you are admitted, please call AIA 24 hour Call Center at 1300 8888 60/70 for a Letter of Guarantee.
Procedure for Inpatient Admission
- Member/Hospital to obtain the Pre-Authorization Form (PAF) from Specialist
- Member/Hospital to Fax the PAF to AIA call center
- Member/Hospital to follow up with a call
- AIA Call Center validates & authenticate info, issues LOG within 1 hour upon receipt of relevant documents and AIA will also send a confirmation SMS once the LOG has been issued (subject to member provides the mobile phone number to AIA upon LOG request)
- Member gets admitted into hospital
- When Member ready to be discharged
- Member pays for exceed limit /uncovered charges (if any)
- Member gets discharged
- Pre-authorization form (PAF) needs to be completed by your attending doctor and submitted at AIA. Post which AIA would proceed issuing Letter of guarantee (LOG)
- Hospital may collect provisional deposit although LOG is issued as per the Hospital regulation for ineligible expenses.
- Government Hospital requires original LOG. Please send your requests at least One day earlier for AIA to send the Original LOG via courier/dispatch to be delivered to the respective hospital.
- Complete and sign the AIA Member Claim Form which is available at your respective Human Resources Department.
- Attach original itemized bill, , referral letter (for specialist visit) and Medical Discharge Report form for Hospitalization claims (Attending Doctor must complete Section II of this form) and breakdown of the charges when Hospital claim exceeds RM 500 (Medical report is also required)
- Ensure that each member must complete Section I of the Medical Discharge Report Form
- Send the completed claim form with attached documents to below:
- Attention: Corporate Solutions Department, AIA Bhd. Level 23, Menara AIA, 99 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- You are advised to keep a copy of all documents sent to AIA Bhd
- Claims must be submitted to AIA Bhd. within 30 days from the date of treatment
- Eligible claims with full and complete documents will be reimbursed within 21 days from the date of receipt of claims by AIA Bhd
VMware pays 100% of the premium costs for you and your eligible dependents.
Coverage for you and your dependents will begin on your first day of active work as a VMware employee.
Coverage for you and your dependents ends on the last day of your employment with VMware.
ASK HR [VMware network access required]
Phone: (+60) 322964308
Internal Phone: ext. 29200