Congratulations! As you and your spouse or domestic partner embark on life together, here’s a checklist of the benefit changes you might want to consider and resources that VMware provides.
Changes and elections for most of the VMware benefit plans are made at annual enrollment; however, marriage or a newly-eligible domestic partnership is considered a Qualified Life Event . You must make changes within 30 days of the date of the qualified life event. If you do not meet this deadline, you must wait until the next annual enrollment, unless you have another qualified life event and report it within 30 days. You are eligible to make the following changes:
- Add, remove or enroll yourself and Eligible dependents  in Medical , Dental , Vision  (please refer to the Employee Contributions  chart for a detailed breakdown of per paycheck contributions)
- Change your current Medical , Dental , and/or Vision  plan (please refer to the Medical Plan Comparison Chart  for more information)
- Add, increase, decrease or stop a Health Savings Account (HSA)  contribution
- Add, increase or stop a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) 
- Add, increase, decrease or stop Supplemental Employee, Spouse, and/or Child Life Insurance 
- Update beneficiary information with your HSA , 401(k) Plan , Life Insurance  [VMware network access required] and/or Stock Plans 
For VMware to recognize your domestic partnership you and your domestic partner must meet the following conditions:
- You are registered with a governmental body under state or local law (if applicable);
- You are each other’s sole domestic partner and intend to remain so indefinitely;
- Neither are married to or legally separated from anyone else nor had another domestic partner within the prior six months;
- You both are at least 18 years of age and mentally competent to consent to contract;
- Neither of you are legally married;
- You are not related by blood to a degree of closeness that would prohibit legal marriage in the state in which you legally reside;
- You reside together in the same residence and intend to do so indefinitely and have lived in the same household for at least six months;
- You are engaged in a committed relationship of mutual caring and support and are jointly responsible for each other’s common welfare and living expenses; and
- You are not in this relationship solely for the purpose of obtaining benefits coverage.
To report your marriage or newly-eligible domestic partnership, within 30 days of the event:
- Enroll or update your benefits online via Workday  [VMware network access required]
- If you have questions, contact HR Source  [VMware network access required] or via phone at 1-888-VMWARE8, option ‘US Benefits’.
Updating Personal Information
- To update your preferred name, emergency contact and/or home address, log into Workday  [VMware network access required]. For more information and detailed instructions, please visit the Workday page  [VMware network access required]on VMware Source.
- If you need to update your marital status and/or your legal name, you will need to contact HR Source  [VMware network access required]. If changing your legal name, you will be required to supply your Social Security Card that reflects your new legal name.
- You will need to contact E*TRADE  to update your personal address if you are enrolled in ESPP or have RSUs.
- You will need to contact Fidelity  to update your personal address if you are enrolled in the brokerage option of the 401(k) plan. If you do not have the brokerage option, your new address will feed to Fidelity within 1-2 weeks, once you have updated it in Workday  [VMware network access required].
- If you would like to update your W-4 with holdings, please visit ADP Payroll  [VMware network access required].
- ARAG Legal Plan
If you are currently enrolled in the ARAG legal plan, review the legal services that can assist you as you start this new chapter in your life.
- Lyra: Coaching, Therapy, and Work Life Services
The Lyra: Coaching, Therapy, and Work Life Services  is available at no charge to you and helps you be at your best, physically and emotionally.