Enroll or Change Benefits
Enrolling in Benefits
You may enroll or change your benefits with VMware, based on the following:
- Open Enrollment
- New hire, newly eligible or re-hire greater than 30 days or crossing a plan year
- Qualified life event
- Re-hire less than 30 days, your previous elections will be reinstated. You are not eligible to make changes.
Open Enrollment occurs every fall with elections taking effect January 1st of the following year.
New hires, newly eligible employees, re-hires greater than 30 days, and employees experiencing a qualified life event have 30 days from their hire date or event to enroll or make changes.
If you are a regular full-time or part-time employee or paid intern who works 30 or more scheduled hours per week, you are eligible to enroll in VMware benefit plans. Eligibility begins as of your hire date or the date your status changes. VMware offers benefit coverage for you and your legal dependents. Eligible dependents include:
- Your legal spouse or qualified domestic partner
- Your dependent child(ren) up to age 26, regardless of student status
- Your dependent stepchild(ren) up to age 26, regardless of student status
- The eligible child(ren) of your duly qualified domestic partner up to age 26, regardless of student status
- Disabled child(ren) may be eligible past age 26. Contact the Benefit Center for more information.
- Your foster child(ren)
Regular part-time employees who work less than 30 scheduled hours per week are eligible to participate in the 401(k) savings plan. Eligibility for other programs and benefits is dependent on the number of hours worked per week:
|Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, EAP, Life Insurance, AD&D, Disability and Group Legal||Eligible for benefits if scheduled work week is at least 30 hours or greater.|
|Vacation Time||Exempt employees (salaried): Non-Accrued Vacation time (NAV).
Non-Exempt employees (hourly): Accrued Vacation time.
No minimum hour requirement.
|Sick Time||Sick Time days are granted based upon month of hire and pro-rated during the year. No minimum hour requirement.|
|Floating Holidays||Floating Holidays for Non-Exempt (hourly) employees are granted based upon month of hire and pro-rated during the year. No minimum hour requirement.|
|Holidays||No minimum hour requirement.|
|401(k) Savings Plan||No minimum hour requirement.|
Changing Coverage Mid-Year
A qualified life event allows you to make changes to your medical, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending account(s) and/or life insurance. A qualified life event may include:
- Marriage or newly eligible domestic partner
- Divorce, legal separation or dissolution of domestic partnership
- Birth or adoption of a child(ren)
- Death of your spouse/domestic partner, child(ren) or child(ren) of your domestic partner
- A dependent becoming eligible or ineligible for coverage
- Your spouse/domestic partner gaining or losing coverage at his/her job
- You move positions and either become eligible or ineligible for benefits.
If you experience a qualified life event, you have 30 days from the date of the event to report it.
Phone 1-888-VMWARE8, option ‘US Benefits’
Benefits Enrollment Site [VMware network access required]
Benefits Tools and Resources New Hire Benefit Byte Video [VMware network access required]
Employee Contributions New Hire Benefit Byte Video [VMware network access required]
Enrollment New Hire Benefit Byte Video [VMware network access required]