VMware encourages a healthy working environment. When you aren’t feeling well impacting your ability to work, Sick Leave provides you with paid time off to rest and recuperate at home including medical leave issued by a dentist provided certified by a medical doctor in in accordance with statutory requirements. You may use Sick Leave for:
- Personal sickness or;
- Recovering from injury or illness
Sick Leave Entitlement
Short-Term Sick Leave
- Up to 14 days of paid Short-Term Sick Leave may be used for all absences due to your own illness or injury and to attend health care related appointments (medical, dental, physical therapy, etc.) which are less than three days in duration. For Sick Leave of between 3 and 14 days, a medical certificate is required.
Extended Sick Leave
- If you need to take an extended Sick Leave of more than 14 days, VMware provides extended paid Sick Leave of up to 12 months (less any Short-Term Sick Leave used) in a 24 month period (“Sick Leave Period”). To utilize extended Sick Leave you must provide a medical certificate stating the duration of leave needed. The Sick Leave period begins on the first day of Sick Leave and may straddle calendar years. Once you have utilized 12 full months, no additional paid Extended Sick Leave will be available until 24 months have passed since the first day of the initial Sick Leave.
Payment During Extended Sick Leave
|Number of days||Pay details|
|1st to 60th day of sick leave||100% of ordinary wage|
|61st to 365th day of sick leave||75% of ordinary wage|
Scheduling Sick Leave
- All Sick Leave planned or unplanned, must be discussed with your manager. If an absence is unexpected, you should notify your manager as soon as reasonably possible.
- After your manager has been notified, record your Sick Leave in Workday [VMware network access required].
Returning to Work
If you wish to return to work after 30 days or more, you will need to submit a medicate certificate to prove you are fit for work. In that case, VMware can designate a hospital or a doctor to perform a fitness for work examination.