Please accept our condolences for your loss. Losing a loved one can be overwhelming. Here’s a checklist of the benefit changes you might want to consider and some other resources to help you through the process.
Changes and elections for most of the VMware benefit plans are made during the annual enrollment window; however, the loss of a loved one is considered a Qualified Life Event . You must make changes within 30 days of the date of the Qualified Life Event . You are eligible to make the following changes:
- Remove your dependents from Healthcare  benefits in MyLife  [VMware network access required]
- Modify your Life Insurance  beneficiaries details in MyLife  [VMware network access required]
Updating Your Personal Information
- To update your preferred name, emergency contact and/or home address, log into Workday  [VMware network access required].
- For more information and detailed instructions, please visit the Workday  page [VMware network access required] on VMware Source.
- If you need to update your marital status and/or your legal name, you will need to contact HR Source  [VMware network access required].
Planning time away from work to grieve after the loss of a loved one is an important consideration. Bereavement Leave  is available to assist you. Be sure to review the details for eligibility requirements.
- ICAS: Coaching, Therapy, and Work Life Services
ICAS  provides emotional wellbeing support for employees and their families, how, when, and where you need it, at no cost to you. With online tools, research-backed therapeutic methods, and top therapists, coaches, and digital tools, you and your family can access an easy-to-use, convenient, and confidential way to get support.