Marriage or Domestic Partnership
Congratulations! As you and your spouse embark on a new journey together, here’s a checklist of the benefit changes you might want to consider and resources that VMware provides.
Changes and elections for most of the VMware benefit plans are made at annual enrollment; however, marriage is considered a Qualified Life Event. You must make changes within 30 days of the date of the Qualified Life Event. If you do not meet this deadline, you must wait until the next annual enrollment. You are eligible to make the following changes:
- Enroll your spouse in your Health Insurance by contacting HR Source [VMware network access required]
- Update beneficiary details by contacting HR Source [VMware network access required]
Updating Personal Information
- To update your preferred name, emergency contact and/or home address, log into Workday [VMware network access required].
- For more information and detailed instructions, please visit the Workday page [VMware network access required] on VMware Source.
- If you need to update your marital status and/or your legal name, you will need to contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
Planning time away from work to care for and bond with your spouse is an important consideration. Be sure to review the details for eligibility requirements:
- Cash Gifts
You will receive JPY 30,000 for your marriage after you contact HR Source [VMware network access required]. The cash will be paid to you via payroll, and individual income tax will be withheld and remitted by VMware.
- ICAS: Coaching, Therapy, and Work Life Services
ICAS provides emotional wellbeing support for employees and their families, how, when, and where you need it, at no cost to you. With online tools, research-backed therapeutic methods, and top therapists, coaches, and digital tools, you and your family can access an easy-to-use, convenient, and confidential way to get support.