All regular full-time employees under the age of 70 years are eligible for Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance.
You or your beneficiaries will receive a lump sum benefit of two (2) times annual base salary up to JPY 100,000,000 if, while in the service of VMware, you should:
- Die or become totally and permanently disabled due to an accident or sickness
- Become dismembered (benefit range from 4% to 100% of the accidental death benefit)
Definition of Total Permanent Disability
- Total and permanent loss of sight in both eyes．
- Total and permanent loss of speech or the function of mastication．
- Severe impairment of the nerve center or the mental system which might result in the need for constant and lifelong nursing care．
- Severe impairment of the thoracic or abdominal organs which might result in the need for constant and lifelong nursing care．
- Loss of both arms above the hand joint, or the total and permanent loss of their use．
- Loss of both legs above the foot joint, or the total and permanent loss of their use．
- Loss of one arm above the hand joint and one leg above the foot joint, or total and permanent loss of their use．
- Total and permanent loss of the use of one arm and the loss of one leg above the foot joint．
You are automatically enrolled in the Life insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance.
VMware pays 100% of the premium costs for the Life insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance.
When Coverage Begins
Coverage will begin on your first day of active work as a VMware employee.
When Coverage Ends
Coverage will end on the last day of your employment with VMware.
Workers Accident Insurance
All employees are covered under the Workers’ Accident Compensation Insurance (WACI).
If your death was the result of an accident at work, or was the result of an occupational disease, benefits are paid to the following dependents: your widowed spouse, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents, or brothers and sisters. Except for widows, all dependents must meet specified age or disability requirements.
The annual pension paid is equal to the basic daily benefit amount multiplied by 153 to 245 days according to the number of qualified survivors eligible for the benefits. The basic daily benefit depends on the employee’s remuneration.
If none of the survivors qualifies for a pension, then lump sum benefits are paid. This is equal to up to 1,000 times the basic daily benefit amount of the deceased person.
A Survivor’s Special Allowance of JPY 3,000,000 is paid to all survivors as a lump sum, regardless of whether pension qualification conditions are met or not. This allowance is divided equally per each survivor.
A Survivors Special Bonus Pension is paid to the survivors who are eligible to receive the Survivors Compensation Pension. The annual pension amounts range from 153 to 245 times bonus amount in the last year divided by 365 (same as Survivors Compensation Pension). This is paid from the Workers’ Accident Compensation Insurance (WACI) in addition to the Survivors Compensation Pension.