VMware provides Assistance Leave in accordance with statutory requirements.
Employees who provide assistance to one of the following listed dependents, due to them having a serious handicap and not being hospitalized full time, are eligible to take Assistance Leave:
- Spouse / part of a civil union,
- Relatives within the second degree (including parents),
- Relatives within the third degree, only if the parents or spouse of the person to be assisted
- are over 65 years of age, or
- are affected by invalidating diseases, or
- died or missed
The same leave is also available to handicapped VMware employees who are in a condition of serious disability.
You are entitled to thirty-six (36) days (288 hours) of paid Assistance Leave per calendar year. Each month you are entitled to three (3) days (24 hours).
Scheduling Assistance Leave
- Discuss your Assistance Leave plans in advance with your manager. While business requirements must be taken into consideration, your manager will work with you to ensure that work load does not restrict you from taking Assistance Leave.
- Once agreed with your manager, enter your Assistance Leave time off in Workday [VMware network access required] under time off type Family Care Time Off (Hours).
- Once you have received the approved document for the use of the leaves for the first time from INPS (National Social Security Body), you must submit it to the VMware payroll team.
- You must submit to the employer any new or different authorisation communication for the use of leaves pursuant to Law no, 104/92 from INPS.
- You can only apply for Assistance Leave if you have submitted this document.
- Only if there is a change in the authorisation for the use of the Assistance Leave, do you need to re-submit the document again.
Last Updated: 13 Sep 2021, 10:44 AM