VMware provides Casual Leave, in addition to Annual Leave, to allow time off with an intent to have adequate work life balance for its employees. Casual Leave can be used for:
- Vacation used for rest,recreation, or travel.
- Scheduled medical appointments
- Taking time out for loved ones
Regular, full-time employees are entitled to five (5) days of Casual Leave per calendar year. Casual Leave is pro-rated for newly-hired full-time employees per the table below:
Pro-Rated Casual Leave
|Month of Hire||Casual Leave|
Unused Casual Leave days cannot be rolled over to the next year. VMware does not make any payment in lieu of Casual Leave.
Scheduling Casual Leave
- All Casual Leaves planned or unplanned, must be discussed with your manager. If an absence is unexpected, you should notify your manager as soon as reasonably possible.
- After your manager has been notified, record your Casual Leave in Workday [VMware network access required].
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 13 Sep 2021, 4:39 AM