Marriage or Domestic Partnership
Congratulations! As you and your spouse embark on a new journey together, here’s a checklist of the benefit changes you might want to consider and resources that VMware provides.
Changes and elections for most of the VMware plans are made at annual enrollment; however, marriage is considered a Qualified Life Event. You must make changes within 30 days of the date of the Qualified Life Event. If you do not meet this deadline, you must wait until the next annual enrollment. You are eligible to make the following changes:
- Add your spouse to your Medical plan in MyLife [VMware network access required].
- Modify your Life Insurance beneficiary details in MyLife [VMware network access required].
- Review your statutory Retirement Plans and nomination details.
Updating Personal Information
- To update your preferred name, emergency contact and/or home address, log into Workday [VMware network access required].
- For more information and detailed instructions, please visit the Workday page [VMware network access required] on VMware Source.
- If you need to update your marital status and/or your legal name, you will need to contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
Taking time away from work to prepare for your wedding and bond with your new spouse is an important consideration. There are leave options available to assist you, be sure to review the details for eligibility requirements:
- ICAS: Coaching, Therapy, and Work Life Services
ICAS provides emotional wellbeing support for employees and their families, how, when, and where you need it, at no cost to you. With online tools, research-backed therapeutic methods, and top therapists, coaches, and digital tools, you and your family can access an easy-to-use, convenient, and confidential way to get support.
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 13 Sep 2021, 4:50 AM