Force Majuere Leave
Force Majeure Leave arises when, for urgent family reasons, your immediate presence is required, as a result of an injury to, or serious illness involving a close family member.
Force Majeure Leave entitles you to a maximum of three (3) paid days in any twelve (12) month period, or five (5) paid days in a thirty-six (36) month period. Absence for part of a day is counted as one day of Force Majeure Leave.
Force Majeure Leave may only be taken for the following family members:
- Your child or adoptive child
- Your spouse, or a person with whom you are living as husband or wife;
- A person to whom you are in loco parentis (in place of a parent)
- Your brother or sister
- Your parent or grandparent
- A person in a relationship of domestic dependency, including same-sex partners
Force Majeure Leave does not apply to employees following the death of a close family member. Please review the Bereavement Leave page for more information.
Scheduling Force Majeure Leave
- Discuss your Force Majeure Leave plans in advance with your manager. While business requirements must be taken into consideration, your manager will work with you to ensure that work load does not restrict you from taking Force Majeure Leave.
- Once agreed with your manager, enter your Force Majeure Leave time off in Workday [VMware network access required] under time off type Family Care Time Off (Hours).
Contact HR Source [VMware network access required]
ASK HR [VMware network access required]
Phone: (+353) 214666909
Force Majuere Leave Application
Force Majuere Leave Policy [VMware network access
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 16 Nov 2021, 11:58 AM