VMware is dedicated to work-life balance and offers a family-friendly environment that is supportive of working parents. VMware provides Maternity Leave in accordance with statutory requirements so that you can take the necessary time off work to recover and to bond with your new baby.
- Statutory Maternity Leave (Basic): You are entitled to Statutory Maternity Leave of twenty-six (26) consecutive weeks. You must begin your Statutory Maternity Leave no later than two (2) weeks before your date of confinement.
- Additional Maternity Leave: You are also entitled to up to a maximum of sixteen (16) weeks of unpaid Additional Maternity Leave. This Additional Maternity Leave must start directly after your Statutory Maternity Leave period ends.
Premature Births (in advance of 37 weeks)
In the event of a premature birth, you are entitled to an extended period of basic maternity leave equivalent to the duration between the actual date of birth of the premature baby and the date when the maternity leave was expected to commence. This extension to basic maternity leave will be ineligible for Company pay however you may be eligible for state benefit. Premature births must be notified to
- State Maternity Benefit: whilst you are on Statutory Maternity Leave, you may be entitled to receive Social Welfare Maternity Benefit payment from the Department of Social & Family Affairs.
- Company Enhanced Maternity Pay: you will receive company enhanced maternity pay which is equivalent to your basic salary less the Social Welfare Maternity Benefit payment (deducted from your net pay), for the duration of the Statutory Maternity Leave period of 26 weeks. This deduction will be made regardless of whether or not you receive the Social Welfare Maternity Benefit payment.
- Additional Maternity Leave: will be unpaid.
Scheduling Maternity Leave
You should inform your manager and HR Source [VMware network access required], in writing, of your intention to take Statutory Maternity Leave as soon as reasonably possible and no later than four (4) weeks in advance, so that proper arrangements can be made. At the same time you should also notify them of your intention to take Additional Maternity Leave, or no later than 4 weeks before the expiration of your Statutory Maternity Leave.
Returning to Work
While on Maternity Leave you should maintain open communication with your manager and HR Source [VMware network access required]. VMware will assume that you wish to return to work at the end of your Maternity Leave period however; you should contact HR Source [VMware network access required] towards the end of your scheduled Maternity Leave to confirm and arrange your return to work.
For additional support and resources to consider with the addition of a child to your family, see the Birth or Adoption life event page.