VMware encourages a healthy working environment. When you aren’t feeling well impacting your ability to work, Sick Leave provides you with paid time off to rest and recuperate at home. You may use sick Leave for:
- Personal sickness or;
- Recovering from injury or illness.
Regular full-time employees are entitled to 14 days of sick leave per annum. Sick leaves is pro-rated for newly-hired full-time employees as per the table below. A Medical Certificate is required if you will be absent for more than one (1) day. The certificate should be presented to your manager on the first day that you return to work. Sick and hospitalization leaves do not accrue year to year.
Note: You may also be eligible for 60 days hospitalization leave in a year (inclusive of 14 days sick leave) in the event you are hospitalized.
- It is supported by a Medical Certificate
- It is reported to your manager when illness occurs
- It covers working days only (i.e. not weekends or public holidays)
Pro-Rated Sick Leave
|Month of Hire||Sick Leave|
Scheduling Sick Leave
- Discuss your Sick Leave plans, in advance, with your manager. While business requirements must be taken into consideration, your manager will work with you to ensure that work load does not restrict you from taking Sick Leave.
- Once agreed with your manager, record your Sick Leave in Workday [VMware network access required]
VMware reserves the right to require an Independent Medical Evaluation at a Company designated hospital. If continuous treatment or rest is required, you must present valid medical certificates and doctor’s certificates to HR Source [VMware network access required] from time to time when the current doctor’s certificate expires.
ASK HR [VMware network access required]