Prolonged Illness Leave
You are entitled to prolonged illness leave in accordance with statutory requirements. Employee suffering from a serious debilitating condition (examples listed below) that will impair him/her from returning to work may be granted Prolonged Illness Leave upon certification by company approved medical practitioner.
Example of illnesses covered: Leukemia, muscular dystrophy, stroke resulting in paralysis and terminal cancer. This list is not exhaustive and other illnesses will be dealt on a case-to-case basis subject to management approval.
All regular full-time employees are entitled for prolonged illness leave and will be paid based on the duration of absence mentioned below.The benefits may change from time to time in accordance with the statutory requirement.
- First four (4) months: 100% of the monthly remuneration
- Second four (4) months: 75% monthly remuneration
- Third four (4) months: 50% monthly remuneration
- Each consecutive month thereafter until the termination of the employment by the Company in line with the article 172 of Law No. 13 of 2003: 25% of the monthly remuneration
Note: Definition of remuneration = Base salary + Fixed allowance.
Scheduling Maternity Leave
- Notify your manager
Prolonged illness leave, must be discussed with your manager and Human Resources Representative in writing indicating how and when you would like to utilize the prolonged illness leave entitlement along with a medical certificate confirming illness.
- Recording prolonged Leave
After your manager and HR have been notified, please contact HR Source [VMware network access required] to record the exact days of your Leave as per the below format. Be sure to include your manager on the email along with your leave dates requested.
Recording Prolonged Leave
|Type of leave: (annual, sick, etc…)|
|Start Date of Leave|
|End Date of Leave|
- In the event where Prolonged Illness Leave extends into the next calendar year, computation of usage of Prolonged Illness Leave shall be suspended until such time that the team member exhausts his/her Sick leave entitlement for the current calendar year
- Where a team member remains unfit to resume full time duty after the 12th month, considerations for medical board out may be made based on certification from VMware’s approved medical practitioner. Where medical board out is approved, the team member shall receive compensation based on the guidelines provided as per the country legislation
- Insurance coverage for Group Hospitalization & Surgical (Inpatient), Group Term Life, and Group Personal Accident Insurance coverage during prolonged illness leave is subjected to group insurance policy terms and conditions.
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 25 Nov 2022, 12:06 PM