VMware encourages a healthy working environment. When you aren’t feeling and it’s impacting your ability to work, Sick Leave, in accordance with statutory requirements, provides you with paid time off to rest and recuperate from an illness or injury.
You accrue two (2) days of paid Sick Leave for each completed month of employment during your first twelve (12) months. After which you receive four (4) days of paid Sick Leave for each completed month, up to a maximum of one hundred and twenty (120) days. A medical certificate is required if you are absent more than three (3) days. VMware has a right to ask for a medical certificate if Sick Leave is taken on a Monday, Friday and/or following or proceeding a Public Holiday.
- It is supported by a medical certificate
- It is reported to your manager when the illness occurs
- It covers working days only (i.e. not weekends or public holidays)
Extended Sick Leave
After your accumulated Sick Leave entitlements have been exhausted or when the continuous period of absence due to illness/injury reaches sixty (60) days (whichever occurs first) you may be eligible for the Salary Program and/or Disability Income. While you can apply for this, the ruling of receiving the allowance is at the discretion of the insurer.
Scheduling Sick Leave
All Sick Leave planned or unplanned, must be discussed with your manager. If an absence is unexpected, you should notify your manager as soon as reasonably possible.
Returning to Work
- Contact your manager to confirm your return.
- After manager approval, go into Workday [VMware network access required] to report your Sick Leave time. Workday [VMware network access required] will display leave in hourly basis. You may record your leave in blocks of 8 hours (1 day) or 4 hours (half day).
- Send any required medical certificates to HR Source [VMware network access required].
Please note: This information is an overview of Sick Leave. Refer to the Hong Kong Employee Handbook [VMware network access required] for detailed information.
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 12 Nov 2021, 9:03 AM