All regular full-time employees are eligible for Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance.
You or your beneficiaries will receive a lump sum payment of two (2) times annual OTE* (on target earnings), which includes your base salary plus on target bonus or commission. In the event of:
- Die due to illness, accident or injury while in the service of VMware
- Become permanently disabled or die due to an illness, accident or injury while in the service of VMware
*If you joined VMware before January 1st of the year, the annual OTE above refers to your OTE on January 1st of the year; If you joined VMware after January 1st of the year, the annual OTE above refers to your OTE on your onboarding day.
AD&D benefits will be payable on top of the other life benefits for losses incurred as a result of accident.
There are pre-existing conditions which may be excluded under the Plan. You will need to review the AD&D Exclusions in AXA Insurance Program Scheme  for the relevant details.
Free Cover Limit
You automatically qualify for Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Disablement (AD&D) up to HK$7,000,000.
You are automatically enrolled in the Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Disablement Insurance, insured for amounts under the free cover limit listed above. In order to qualify for insurance amounts exceeding the free cover limit you are required to complete underwriting requirements and need to undergo a medical examination. The full coverage is subject to the satisfactory underwriting result and premium loading. The insurance company will contact you within your first month to provide you with details.
VMware pays 100% of the premium costs for the Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Disablement Insurance.
When Coverage Begins
Coverage will begin on your first day of active work as a VMware employee.
When Coverage Ends
Coverage will end on the last day of your employment with VMware or when you reach the age of 70.
- Notify AXA China immediately through HR Source  [VMware network access required] in the event of any death, dismemberment or disability claim.
- Advice on necessary procedures and completion of appropriate forms will be given to you or your beneficiary.
- Benefits will be released as soon as the claim is processed.