Progyny is the premiere fertility benefit designed to provide all-inclusive comprehensive coverage for cutting-edge fertility treatments to assist UHC members wishing to have a child. Progyny’s program includes a credentialed provider network, and a personalized concierge-style member support team, Patient Care Advocate (PCA), who offer education, support, and coordinated care. Progyny’s program does not require a medical diagnosis of infertility in order to access fertility treatment services, which ensures that members of the LGBTQIA community and single parents by choice receive equitable access to coverage.
Through Progyny’s benefit, members have access to a full suite of fertility treatment options, which may include (but may not be limited to):
- Artificial Insemination (IUI)
- Cryopreservation of Oocytes and Sperm
- FDA Bloodwork and Testing
- Fresh IVF Cycle
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
- Frozen Oocyte Transfer (includes fertilization of previously frozen oocytes and transfer)
- IVF Freeze-All
- Patient Care Advocate (PCA) Concierge Support
- Pre-Authorized Fertility Medications (via Progyny Rx)
- PGT-A (PGS, or Pre-implantation Genetic Screening) to assess embryo viability
- PGT-M (PGD, or Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis)
- Pregnancy Gap Coverage (Pregnancy monitoring coverage until the in-network fertility clinic releases the member into the care of the member’s OBGYN medical provider)
- Tissue Transportation (transportation of member’s previously frozen reproductive tissue to in-network facilities).
Progyny’s benefit has the following standard exclusions:
- Home Ovulation Prediction Kits
- Services and Supplies Furnished by an Out-of-Network Provider
- Treatments that are outside the standard of care and considered experimental by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 2 May 2022, 3:26 PM