VMware understands the importance of starting a family. We are proud to offer best-in-class resources through Maven to support those considering starting a family or pursuing fertility treatments with specialized, on-demand telehealth services at no cost. In addition, if you are enrolled in the UnitedHealthcare HSA PPO or UnitedHealthcare Traditional PPO plans, you are eligible to use the fertility/infertility and family planning benefits offered by Progyny.
Maven provides on-demand virtual care, clinically informed content, and a supportive community for planning, starting, and raising a family. If you or your partner are thinking about pregnancy in the future, exploring fertility treatments like IVF or egg freezing, or considering adoption or surrogacy — VMware offers you free, unlimited access.
Use Maven for:
- On-demand virtual appointments with top-rated practitioners
Unlimited messaging and on-demand video appointments with Maven OB-GYNs, mental health specialists, prenatal nutritionists, reproductive endocrinologists, fertility awareness providers, lactation consultants, career coaches, and many others from wherever you are, whenever you need it
- Designated Care Advocates
Personalized, one-on-one support to help answer questions about your benefits, get connected to the right Maven providers for your needs, and for referrals to in-person care when you need it
- Comprehensive resources for your fertility journey
Expert navigation, referrals to best-in-class providers, and preferred pricing at select clinics to support fertility treatments, including egg freezing, IVF, and IUI.
- A library of expert content, tailored to your experience
Clinically informed content tailored to you on topics like prenatal health, postpartum depression, and returning to work with confidence
- Breastmilk shipping and lactation support
Your Maven membership comes with access to Maven Milk to coordinate all aspects of breastmilk shipping domestically and internationally.
Learn more about Maven and activate your free membership here.
Progyny is the premiere fertility benefit designed to provide all-inclusive comprehensive coverage for cutting-edge fertility treatments to assist UHC members wishing to have a child. Progyny’s program includes a credentialed provider network, and a personalized concierge-style member support team, Patient Care Advocate (PCA), who offer education, support, and coordinated care. Progyny’s program does not require a medical diagnosis of infertility in order to access fertility treatment services, which ensures that members of the LGBTQIA community and single parents by choice receive equitable access to coverage.
Through Progyny’s benefit, members have access to a full suite of fertility treatment options, which may include (but may not be limited to):
- Artificial Insemination (IUI)
- Cryopreservation of Oocytes and Sperm
- FDA Bloodwork and Testing
- Fresh IVF Cycle
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
- Frozen Oocyte Transfer (includes fertilization of previously frozen oocytes and transfer)
- IVF Freeze-All
- Patient Care Advocate (PCA) Concierge Support
- Pre-Authorized Fertility Medications (via Progyny Rx)
- PGT-A (PGS, or Pre-implantation Genetic Screening) to assess embryo viability
- PGT-M (PGD, or Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis)
- Pregnancy Gap Coverage (Pregnancy monitoring coverage until the in-network fertility clinic releases the member into the care of the member’s OBGYN medical provider)
- Tissue Transportation (transportation of member’s previously frozen reproductive tissue to in-network facilities).
Progyny’s benefit has the following standard exclusions:
- Home Ovulation Prediction Kits
- Services and Supplies Furnished by an Out-of-Network Provider
- Treatments that are outside the standard of care and considered experimental by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
ASK HR [VMware network access required]
Phone: 1-888-VMWARE8, option ‘US Benefits’
Internal Phone: ext. 29200
Maven Overview [VMware network access required]