Enroll or Change Benefits
Enrolling in Benefits
You may enroll or change your benefits coverage with VMware if you fall under one of the respective categories:
- New Hire, Rehire, or Transfer
- A Qualified Life Event
- Open Enrollment
Open enrollment is a three week window which occurs annually in late March with elections taking effect 1st April. You will receive a notification when this window is open.
New hires, newly eligible employees, rehires, and employees experiencing a qualified life event have 40 days from their hire date or the qualified life event to enroll or make changes to their Medical and/or Dental insurance.
If you are a regular full or part-time employee, you are eligible to enroll in VMware benefit plans. Eligibility begins as of your start date. VMware offers benefit coverage for you and your legal dependents. Eligible dependents include:
- Children up to the age of 25 for health insurance or 21 (or 24 if in full time education) for dental insurance.
Changing Coverage Mid-Year
A qualified life event allows you to make changes to your existing benefits, mid-year. A qualified life event may include:
- Marriage or newly eligible domestic partner
- Divorce, legal separation or dissolution of domestic partnership
- Birth or adoption of a child(ren)
- Death of your spouse, domestic partner, child(ren)
- A dependent becoming eligible or ineligible for coverage
To enroll or update your benefits, or report a qualified life event you should do this via MyLife [VMware network access required].
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 1 Oct 2021, 9:51 AM