VMware provides dental insurance through Denplan.
All regular employees and their eligible dependents. Eligible dependents include spouse/partner and dependent children up to the age of 21 (or 24 if in full time education).
There are two levels of cover available to choose from, Extensive and Extensive Plus.
The Extensive coverage includes:
- 100% reimbursement for NHS treatment
- £10,000 accident treatment cover (up to £2,500 per incident).
- Emergency treatment up to £800 per year (up to £200 per incident in the UK and up to £400 per incident outside the UK)
- Routine Examinations up to £100 per annum
- Routine hygienist treatments up to £140 per annum
- X-rays to the value of £80 per annum
- Remedial/restorative treatment (e.g. crowns, bridges, root fillings etc.) – 80% of the cost is covered up to £400 per annum
- Employee can have treatment with any dentist provided they are registered with the General Dental Council
The Extensive Plus coverage includes all of the above plus the following:
- Remedial/restorative treatment (e.g. crowns, bridges, root fillings etc) – 80% of the cost is covered up to £2,000 per annum.
VMware pays 100% of the premium costs for your coverage under the Extensive Plan, to which you can add your spouse/partner plus any dependent children at your own cost. You can also choose to upgrade yours and your dependents coverage to the Extensive Plus plan via MyLife [VMware network access required]. You can upgrade either upon joining VMware, at annual enrolment or if you experience a qualified life event. You will need to meet the cost of these enhancements yourself via a deduction from your monthly salary. For employees earning more than £8,500 per annum, the premiums paid by VMware on your behalf will be assessed on you for tax purposes as a benefit-in-kind. Any premiums met by yourself in relation to enhancement to Extensive Plus or coverage for dependents, will not be treated as a taxable benefit-in-kind.
You are not automatically enrolled into the medical plan, as it is a taxable benefit. If you wish to cover yourself and/or your eligible dependents, you will need to actively select this benefit via MyLife [VMware network access required] within 40 days of joining. If you do not enrol within the 40 day period, you will need to wait until the next Open Enrolment window in April, unless you experience a qualified life event before this.
Coverage for you and your dependents under the plan will end on the last day of your employment with VMware; however, you can elect to continue coverage on a personal basis by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org within 90 days of your leaving date.
Contact HR Source [VMware network access required]
ASK HR [VMware network access required]
Phone: (+44) 1276414404
Phone: 01962 828007
Denplan Claim Form
Denplan Online Claim Process
Denplan Paper ClaimProcess
MyLife [VMware network access required]
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 18 Feb 2022, 11:52 AM