Annual Leave and RTT Time Off
Annual Leave provides you with paid time off from your job for personal reasons including vacation, outside activities, scheduled medical appointments, and personal business. If your absence is due to an illness or injury, you should refer to the Sick Leave page.
Annual Leave Entitlement (CP)
VMware provides five (5) weeks of paid Annual Leave (CP) per calendar year. All employees have rights to four (4) weeks of leave to be taken in the summer season (May 1 to October 31) and a 5th week outside this period. This equates to a total of twenty (25) days.
The fractioning rule entitles you to additional days when:
- Two (2) consecutive weeks (ten (10) days) minimum are taken between May 1 and October 31
- The fractionated part is taken outside the statutory period, ie after October 31.
Thus, the balance of leave on October 31 (excluding seniority days) determines the number of days granted fractionation:
- Balance of ten (10) days or more (including the 5th week) = two (2) additional days
- Balance of nine (9) days (including the 5th week) = one (1) additional day
Extra days due to seniority:
- Once you complete one (1) year of service you will receive two (2) extra days of Annual Leave
- Once you complete two (2) years of service you will receive a total of four (4) extra days of Annual Leave
Reduction of Working Time Off (RTT)
In addition to annual leave, VMware provides Reduction of Working Time Off (RTT) to eligible employees.
RTT is a scheme that provides for the allocation of days or half-days of rest to an employee whose working hours exceed 35 hours per week.
The number of RTT changes each year, as it depends on a specific calculation but usually oscillates between 8 and 11 days. They are given in January each year to all active, eligible employees and will be prorated for new employees joining within the year.
Annual Leave cannot be carried forward.
- RTT are to be used from 1 January till 31st March of the following year (fifteen (15) months’ time), otherwise the days are lost.
- CP are to be used from 1stJune till 30th June of the following year (thirteen (13) months’ time), otherwise the days are lost.
VMware permits to monetise a maximum of 10 days of leave (CP and RTT) per year on a fiscal PERECOL managed by our external provider « CIC Epargne Salariale ».
Otherwise, VMware will only permit the cashing out of unused Annual Leave when you resign or cease to be employed for any reason (eg due to disability etc. except in case of dismissal due to a gross negligence “faute lourde”), at which time the full accumulated/outstanding leave entitlement is paid out.
Scheduling Annual Leave
- Discuss your Annual Leave plans, in advance, with your manager. If an absence is unexpected, you should notify your manager as soon as possible. While business requirements must be taken into consideration, your manager will work with you to ensure that workload does not restrict you from taking Annual Leave.
- Once agreed with your manager enter your Annual Leave time off in Workday [VMware network access required] under time off type Vacation Time Off (Days).
Contact HR Source [VMware network access required]
ASK HR [VMware network access required]
Phone: (+33) 147627907
SAS Holidays Policy [VMware network access required]
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 23 Nov 2022, 2:56 PM