VMware provides eligible employees a Car Allowance subject to the terms and conditions stated in your employment documentation.
The level of allowance you are eligible for is dependent on your job role and level within your organisation and country of employment.
Use of the Car Allowance
Your Car Allowance is paid on the following basis:
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is safe to drive and suitable for the level of business travel applicable to their role. The car must be reliable, in reasonable condition and maintained to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- The car must be kept to a standard and condition that maintains / enhances the company’s reputation.
- Your are responsible for all running costs associated with the vehicle (e.g. servicing and maintenance, repairs, insurance, relief vehicle) except business related fuel, and ensures that arrangements are in place in the event of the car being off the road, so that there is no impact on the employee’s work.
- Insurance cover must include the appropriate level of cover for business use.
- If you elect to receive a car allowance you will not be able to claim travel expenses for business trips where you would reasonably be expected to use your car.
The Car Allowance is paid subject to you providing, on request:
- a current driving licence
- a valid motor insurance certificate (including business travel)
- any applicable certificate of road worthiness, e.g. MOT certificate
All Lease Car and Car Allowance eligible employees are also eligible to receive a fuel card.
Order and Creation Process
Ordering of fuel cards takes place monthly on the last day of every month. Please contact HR Source  [VMware network access required] to request your fuel card creation, the process takes approximately 12 – 14 working days. You will receive an email from HR Source  [VMware network access required] once your card and confidential digit code is ready for dispatch and collection.
When Coverage Begins
The benefit will begin on your first day of active work as a VMware employee.
When Coverage Ends
The benefit will end on the last day of your employment with VMware.