VMware is dedicated to work-life balance and offers a family-friendly environment that is supportive of working parents. VMware provides Adoption Leave in accordance with statutory requirements so that you can take the necessary time off work to bond with your new child.
VMware employees who are adopting a child (in accordance with the applicable legislation) will be entitled to paid Adoption Leave.
VMware employees who are adopting a child (in accordance with the applicable legislation) will be entitled to 16 weeks Adoption Leave. All Adoption Leave must be taken within the first 12 months from the start of the Adoption order.
In case of an international adoption (in accordance with the legislation) your Adoption Leave may begin up to 4 weeks before the adoption order is granted, subject to giving your manager and HR Source EMEA [VMware network access required] 15 days’ notice prior to going on leave.
You must take at least 6 uninterrupted full working weeks of Adoption Leave from the start of the Adoption order.
For the remaining weeks of Adoption Leave, you can choose to take this on either a full-time or a part-time basis. If you choose to take your remaining leave on a part-time basis:
- the part-time basis must constitute at least 50% of your regular working hours; and
- be agreed with your manager; and
- be notified to HR Source EMEA [VMware network access required] with 15 days’ advance notice.
You can also choose to have gaps in between periods of leave for your remaining entitlement. For example, you could return to work for 2 weeks, then take 2 weeks off, then repeat this pattern until your Adoption Leave entitlement is exhausted. If you choose to take intermittent periods of leave in this way, you must give your manager and HR Source EMEA [VMware network access required] 15 days’ advance notice.
If the both adoptive parents work for the Company, the Company may limit them taking the simultaneous entitlement of the 10 voluntary weeks of Adoption Leave where objectively justified by the Company.
The Company will top up your Adoption Benefit Payment so that you receive your full base salary for the first 5 weeks of Adoption Leave. For the remaining 11 weeks, you will be paid Social Security Benefits only, at a rate equivalent to your average monthly salary (“Adoption Benefit Payment”). Please note that entitlement to any Social Security benefits during Adoption Leave is subject to eligibility requirements under the Spanish Social Security Act or other applicable law in force from time to time
Treatment of Bonus/Commission Plans whilst on Adoption Leave
Bonus: Please see the VMware Corporate Bonus Plan Rules.
Commission: Please see the VMware Inc, Sales and Compensation Terms and Conditions for the relevant period.
Scheduling Adoption Leave
- You should give your Manager and HR Source EMEA [VMware network access required] at least 15-days’ advance notice of your intention to apply and arrange to take Adoption Leave, so that proper arrangements can be made prior to your leave period.
- Once agreed with your Manager, please then contact HR Source EMEA [VMware network access required]. HR Source EMEA [VMware network access required] will support you with queries on the benefit and will work with the responsible teams to ensure your Adoption Leave is tracked correctly.
- You will need to contact the Social Security Office to officially apply for the local “Adoption Benefit Payment”.
- Any balance not utilised cannot be carried forward to the following year.
For additional support and resources to consider with the addition of a child to your family, see the Birth or Adoption life event page.
Note: This information is an overview of Adoption Leave, for further information, please contact HR Source EMEA [VMware network access required].
ASK HR [VMware network access required]
Call 29200 or (+353) 214666909 > Select HR