Enrolling in Benefits
You may enrol or change your benefits coverage with VMware if you fall under one of the respective categories:
- New Hire, Rehire, or Transfer
- Open Enrolment
- A Qualified Life Event
New hires, newly eligible employees, rehires, transfers and employees experiencing a qualified life event, have 30 days from their hire date or the qualified life event to enrol or make changes to their Medical  insurance.
- You are automatically enrolled in the Retirement Plan , although the contributions to the plan will be done on the first quarter of the year after having joined VMware.
- You are automatically enrolled into life and accidental death and dismemberment  insurance on your first day of employment.
- You are automatically enrolled into disability insurance  on your first day of employment.
If you are a regular, full or part-time employee you are eligible to enrol in benefits. Eligibility begins as of your start date. VMware offers benefits coverage for you and your legal dependents. Eligible dependents include:
Changing Coverage Mid-Year
A qualified life event allows you to make changes to your existing benefits mid-year. A qualified life event may include:
- Marriage  or newly eligible domestic partner
- Divorce , legal separation  or dissolution  of domestic partnership
- Birth  or adoption  of a child(ren)
- Death  of your spouse/domestic partner, child(ren)
- A dependent becoming eligible or ineligible for coverage
Enrolments or changes made within 30 days from the qualified life event will not be subject to completing a health questionnaire. Pre-existing conditions will be accepted and no waiting periods will be applicable. If this 30 day time frame is missed, a health questionnaire will need to be completed, waiting periods will be applicable and pre-existing conditions will not be accepted and/or the enrolment could be rejected by the insurer due to medical reasons.
Certain benefits can be amended at any time, please check the relevant benefit page for guidance on this or to enrol or update your benefits please contact HR Source  [VMware network access required].