Loss of a Loved One
Losing a loved one can be overwhelming. Here’s a checklist of the benefit changes you might want to consider and some other resources to help you through the process.
- To modify or remove dependents from your Medical plan contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
- To modify or remove beneficiaries from your for Life Insurance contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
If you are the spouse or family member of a VMware employee who has recently passed away, please contact HR Source by phone at: (+353) 214666909. They will ensure you are put in contact with the appropriate internal resources.
Updating Personal Information
- To update your preferred name, emergency contact and/or home address, log into Workday [VMware network access required].
- For more information and detailed instructions, please visit the Workday page [VMware network access required] on VMware Source.
- If you need to update your marital status and/or your legal name, you will need to contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
Planning time away from work to grieve after the loss of a loved one is an important consideration. There are leave options available to you. Be sure to review the eligibility requirements:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available at no charge to you and helps you be at your best, physically and emotionally. The EAP confidentially provides you and your family members, with objective, third-party support and advice for navigating life’s challenges.