2017 New Hire Benefits
Welcome to VMware! Here’s a quick summary to assist you with your US Benefit options. Remember you have 30 days from your date of hire to enroll in your benefits. Be sure to take the time to review your benefit options before you enroll.
- HSA PPO (Aetna Choice POS II network)
- Traditional PPO (Aetna Choice POS II network)
- Kaiser HMO N. CA – Only available to VMware employees residing in Northern California.
- Kaiser HMO HI – Only available to VMware employees residing in Hawaii. For more information please contact the Benefit Center.
There are plenty of tools and resources to help you with your health benefit options:
- Listen to a recording of the US Benefits New Hire Presentation [VMware network access required].
- View the 2017 Medical Plan Comparison Chart for a side by side look of the medical plan options.
- Talk to ALEX™ (your virtual benefit adviser) for decision-making support.
- Learn how the HSA PPO Plan.
- Visit HealthEquity’s website for information and resources for managing your HSA plan.
- Use Aetna’s interactive Plan Selection & Cost Estimator Tool to see the cost of coverage across medical plans.
Looking For Your ID Card?
While you are covered from your date of hire, it can take up to 3 weeks before you receive your ID card from Aetna or Kaiser. If you need to seek care, contact the health plan that you enroll in for assistance. Your carrier’s name, phone number, and group number are available on our Contacts page. Delta Dental and the Vision Service Plan (VSP) do not require ID cards.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) provide a pre-tax way for you to pay for out-of-pocket health and/or dependent daycare expenses.
New Hires are automatically enrolled with a 6% pre-tax deferral contribution. You may change this election approximately 2 weeks after your hire date at www.401k.com. Don’t forget that if you participated in another employer’s plan during the calendar year, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to report your year-to-date contribution amounts to help prevent you from exceeding the IRS limits for the calendar year.
- Basic Life and AD&D: Automatically enrolled and paid for by VMware. 2 times base salary with $1,000,000 maximum coverage.
- Employee Supplemental Life: $1,500,000 maximum or 5 times your base salary. Amounts over $500,000 are subject to Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
- Spouse Supplemental Life: $250,000 or 50% of your employee supplemental life election. Amounts over $100,000 are subject to Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
- Dependent Supplemental Life: Can purchase increments of $1,000, $2,000, $5,000 or $10,000.
- Global Fitness Reimbursement [VMware network access required] – VMware provides a global fitness reimbursement for those who work from home or at a location without access to a fitness center.
- Club vFit [VMware network access required] – If you’re on the Palo Alto campus, you have access to Club vFit which provides a wide variety of exercise and workout options for a small membership fee.
VMware covers you with travel assistance, business travel accident and medical abroad insurances at no cost to you. [VMware network access required]
- ARAG Legal Plan – Provides legal representation through a network of attorneys for a variety of services.
- Back-Up Daycare Program – Back-up child or adult/elder care for when there is a breakdown in your regular care.
- Discount Program – Access to our online marketplace of perks and discounts.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Free service that helps you be at your best, physically and emotionally.
Below are additional programs that are run outside of the US Benefits team:
- Employee Referral Program [VMware network access required] – Eligible US employees who submit a referral, that meets policy guidelines and is hired, can earn a $2,000 bonus.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) [VMware network access required] – Purchase Company stock at a reduced price.
- Transportation [VMware network access required] – Company sponsored transit passes for employees working at San Francisco Bay area office locations.
- US Payroll [VMware network access required] – Your source of information for pay statements, the payroll calendar, payroll forms and recording time off.
- VMware Foundation [VMware network access required] – Join VMware as a force for good in our global community, from Service Learning to Matching Gifts and many other ways to give.
Don’t let enrollment pass you by! Enroll via the Benefits Enrollment site [VMware Access Required] within your first 30 days. If you don’t take action, you will be opted out of health coverage and will not be able to enroll until Annual Enrollment in the fall or if you have a Qualified Status Change and report it within 30 days of the event.
Have a Question?
Contact the Benefit Center at 1-888-VMWARE8, option ‘US Benefits’ or via email at email@example.com.
Phone 1-888-VMWARE8, option ‘US Benefits’
2017 Medical Plan Comparison Chart
ALEX™ Your Virtual Benefits Adviser
Aetna Plan Selection & Cost Estimator Tool
Benefits Contact Quick Reference Guide
Benefits Enrollment Site [VMware network access required]
US Benefits New Hire Presentation [VMware network access required]