Vacation Time Off
Vacation Time Off (also known as Annual Leave) provides you with paid time off from your job for personal reasons including: vacation, outside activities, scheduled medical appointments, and personal business. If your absence is due to an illness or injury, you should refer to the Sick Leave page.
The holiday year runs from 1 September to 31 August. You will accrue twenty-five (25) days Vacation Time Off each holiday year (i.e. 2.08 days per month).
You will have 16 months in which to take the accrued Vacation Time Off, between 1 September 2020 – 31 December 2021. This is known as the holiday period.
The main vacation, which consists of fifteen (15) consecutive days, must be taken between 1 May and 30 September.
A holiday allowance is payable of 1% of your earnings and it will be accrued and paid as follows, as long as you remain employed up to and including 31st May and 31st August:
- May Salary = Holiday Allowance accrued for the period 1 September to 31 May
- August Salary = Holiday Allowance accrued for the period 1 June to 31 August
Vacation Time Off entitlement must be taken within the 16-month holiday period and according to VMware policy, Vacation Time Off may not be transferred from one holiday period to another.
A maximum of five (5) days untaken Vacation Time Off will be paid out automatically at the end of each 16-month holiday period on 31 December, if you have been employed full-time during the 16-month holiday period.
If this is not the case, you will be asked to make a written statement to confirm that the Vacation Time Off being paid relates to accrued holidays beyond the 20 days (4 weeks) and that you have not received any public benefits (e.g. unemployment benefits) during the period. If public benefits have been received, VMware will need to obtain prior approval from FerieKonto before making any payments.
If applicable, this payment will be included along with January’s pay each year.
Please note that special rules will apply in case of a holiday hindrance, e.g. sickness, maternity- and parental leave etc.
Any untaken holidays accrued during the current holiday period will be reported and paid into FerieKonto at the expiry of your notice period. Any untaken holidays transferred from a previous holiday period will be paid out directly to you at the expiry of your notice period.
Scheduling Vacation Time Off
- Discuss your Vacation Time Off plans in advance with your manager. If an absence is unexpected, you should notify your manager as soon as possible. While business requirements must be taken into consideration, your manager will work with you to ensure that workload does not restrict you from taking Vacation Time Off.
- Once agreed with your manager enter your Vacation Time Off in Workday [VMware network access required] under time off type Vacation Time Off (Days). This is critical to allow VMware to submit accurate necessary reporting to the Danish authorities.
- Your manager may also request you to take your main holiday with 3 months’ notice and your remaining holiday with 1 months’ notice.
Last Updated: 12 Nov 2021, 6:44 AM