As a rule, employees shall fulfill their contractual working hour’s obligations (40 hours per week for full-time employees) from Monday to Friday. Working on Sundays and Holidays within the meaning of the Working Hours Act shall be voluntary, unless urgently necessary for VMware company reasons. In exceptional cases as provided by law, which were mutually agreed between you and your manager, such working time may be fulfilled either in half-days or whole days. The Special Leave is meant to compensate you for such working time.
Agreed working hours shall be compensated with time off as follows and submitted as Special Leave:
- Work on Saturdays shall be compensated at a ratio of 1:1
- Work on Sundays and public Holidays shall be compensated at a ratio of 1:2 (e.g. one day of compensation time would be grated for a half-day (at least four (4) hours) and two (2) days would be granted for a full day (at least eight (8) hours)
- Any time spent on business travel is deemed service hours. Agreed service hours will be compensated 1:1. Any travel time voluntarily spent by you on weekends and public Holidays shall not give rise to a claim for compensation time.
Scheduling Special Leave
- You must request your Special Leave time, in agreement with your manager, at least ten (10) working days from the date when the work/service time has occurred.
- After receiving approval from your manager, record your Special Leave days in Workday [VMware network access required]. Please note that the tool will show your leave in hours, whereas one day equals 8 hours for full-time employees. For part-time employees, the tool automatically reduces the number of hours per day.
For more information, please review the Works Council Agreement [VMware network access required] related to working time, including the Special Leave provisions.
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 9 Nov 2021, 11:54 AM