- April 13, 2022– Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) renewed the nationwide COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE) period for an additional ninety (90) days; effectively, through July 15, 2022.
- April 1, 2022 – The CARES Act allowed Health Savings Account (HSA) – eligible plans to cover telehealth services at $0 cost ahead of plan participants having met the plan deductible; however, this provision expired as of December 31, 2021. Congress has passed temporary relief enabling HSA PPO High Deductible plan members to receive telehealth before the deductible without disqualifying them from HSA contributions. This relief is effective 4/1/2022 thru 12/31/2022 and is not retroactive.
- January 14, 2022 – the Biden Administration announced  that the federal government will distribute at-home, rapid COVID-19 tests, without shipping fees. Online ordering at www.COVIDTests.gov  will be available on January 19, 2022.
- January 10, 2022 – the Biden Administration finalized guidance for insurance coverage of over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 tests without a prescription at a $0 member cost share, effective January 15, 2022 until the end of the PHE.
Below includes updates to related plan coverage in support of these actions, as applicable.
Over-the-Counter (OTC) COVID-19 Tests
CVS Caremark (for UHC plan participants)
OTC COVID-19 tests purchased on or after January 15, 2022 are available without a prescription, and at no cost to the participant under the following coverage approaches. Coverage is limited to eight (8) tests per thirty (30) consecutive days across both approaches.
- Direct Member Reimbursement . May file to be reimbursed for the full retail price paid by uploading a copy of the receipt of the OTC COVID test purchased at www.caremark.com .
- Direct Coverage. May provide their prescription benefit ID card to any in-network pharmacy that elects to cover the test through this process (members will know if the pharmacy is participating at the point-of-sale; if they are not participating and you still chose to purchase, you must pay at the point-of-sale and file for reimbursement under the Direct Member Reimbursement  approach.
Beginning February 15, 2022, UHC participants will have access to the CVS $0 out-of-pocket COVID-19 OTC tests  across 7,100 CVS Pharmacy locations*. (*Does not include CVS Pharmacies located in Target or Schnucks Pharmacies)
There are two ways to get your OTC COVID tests:
- Online Ordering available at CVS.com  or on the CVS Pharmacy app .
- If OTC tests are available within the store at your local CVS Pharmacy counter, your claim will be processed at the $0 rate. OTC test must be processed at the Pharmacy counter. The $0 OTC cannot be processed at the CVS Retail counter.
Kaiser California and Hawaii
OTC COVID-19 tests are available without a prescription, and at no cost to the participant. Coverage is limited to eight (8) tests per thirty (30) consecutive days.
Members can submit a reimbursement  claim for tests purchased on or after January 15, 2022.
- Rapid antigen home tests are available at local drugstores or online. Kaiser will reimburse members for FDA-approved rapid antigen home tests.
- As supply of tests increases, Kaiser will make more rapid antigen home tests available to members. Visit kp.org  for the most up-to-date information.
UnitedHealth Care (UHC)
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment:
Covered at 100% for in/out of network whether in office, or emergency for as long as the PHE remains.
Note: If you use an out of network provider, you may be responsible for any billed charges over amounts allowed for a similar cost in network that is paid at 100%
Effective January 1, 2022, telemedicine virtual visits through UHC  are covered subject to plan provisions.
• Teladoc – Medical Consultations
• Amwell – Medical / Behavioral Consultations
• Doctor on Demand – Medical / Behavioral Consultations
• Talkspace – Behavioral Health
• Sanvello – Behavioral Health
• RIA Health – Alcohol Treatment
• Video visits through Lyra Health 
COVID 19 Vaccines (UHC and/or Kaiser plans)
Covered at no cost including administration. Please check CDC guidelines. 
Kaiser California and Hawaii Plans
COVID-19 Testing : Covered at 100%
COVID –19 Treatment: Covered at 100% for all Kaiser members as long the PHE remains.
Telehealth through Kaiser also covered at no cost.
Emotional Wellness Apps  – myStrength and CALM are now offered with no subscription fees to Kaiser members.
Bright Horizons – Back-Up Child and Elder Care and Family Supports Programs
VMware will continue to allow up to 20 days of back-up care through Bright Horizons; varying employee costs for care are applicable based on the type of care requested.
Review Additional Family Supports  available for accessing caregivers, pet sitters, tutors, housekeepers, educational resource assistance and more.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Lyra Health
No cost to all US regular employee and family members up to 12 sessions per member per year. Review details at here. 
No cost for all VMware employees’ parents who need support with children having learning, social or behavioral challenges, or developmental difficulties. 14 hours of free teleconsultations per year with certified behavioral therapist of your choice. Click here  for information.
VMware’s Wellbeing Allowance provides an allowance up to $1K to achieve wellbeing, the state of being comfortable, healthy and happy. Please review details of this program here .