Marriage or Domestic Partnership
Congratulations! As you and your spouse or domestic partner embark on a new journey together, here’s a checklist of the benefit changes you might want to consider and resources that VMware provides.
Changes and elections for most of the VMware benefit plans are made at annual enrollment; however, marriage or domestic partnership is considered a qualified life event. You must make changes within 30 days of the date of the qualified life event. If you do not meet this deadline, the insurance effective date of your spouse or partner will be delayed. You are eligible to make the following changes:
Updating Personal Information
- To update your preferred name, emergency contact and/or home address, log into Workday [VMware network access required].
- For more information and detailed instructions, please visit the Workday page [VMware network access required] on VMware Source.
- If you need to update your marital status and/or your legal name, you will need to contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
Planning time away from work to care for and bond with your spouse or partner is an important consideration. Be sure to review the details for leave eligibility requirements:
- Congratulatory Allowance (Spouse Only)
You will receive RMB 1,000 for marriage after you enroll your spouse and upload marriage certificate through MyLife [VMware network access required]. The cash will be paid to you via payroll, and individual income tax will be withheld and remitted by VMware (Spouse Only).
- ICAS: Coaching, Therapy, and Work Life Services
ICAS provides emotional wellbeing support for employees and their families, how, when, and where you need it, at no cost to you. With online tools, research-backed therapeutic methods, and top therapists, coaches, and digital tools, you and your family can access an easy-to-use, convenient, and confidential way to get support.
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 1 Oct 2021, 7:30 AM